Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for the next Moll's Gap & Healy Pass meet.

Meet up in the Tesco car park in Killarney at 12:30pm * for a chat & maybe a quick bite to eat before departing sometime between 1:00 & 1:30

From Killarney we head for Moll's Gap stopping at Ladies View (there's a café there http://www.ladiesview.com/ ) & again at the Gap itself for a few pics.

Then we head for Kenmare where depending what people want we can stop or head straight onto the start of the Healy Pass where there's a lay-by at Lauragh where we can again stop for a few mins before starting up the Pass.

Once we get down to the end of the Pass we'll stop at the school just before Adrigole where we can head home from there or head to Glengarriff for a bite to eat if that's what people want.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route including sat nav co-ordinates of the meeting point.

Here's a few pics from last year's meet http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-andamp-events-images/714497-ao-republic-of-ireland-killarney-healy-pass-14-sept-2014-a.html

The Killarney meet has always a good day out so hopefully we'll see a few familiar faces as well as some new faces attending, also if anyone has any suggestions for the day speak up. As ever all are welcome so come along & get your RSVPs in.

So that's Sunday 13th September at 12:30pm * in Tesco car park Killarney on the east side of the town (sat nav co-ordinates 52.062861, -9.494323 off the R876)

* time subject to change depending on the Cannonball timetable.

Also for those interested the Cannonball is in Killarney the same weekend, they will be leaving Killarney on the Sunday morning so if anyone want to see some interesting cars including plenty of Italian supercars before meeting up later for the meet it's well worth checking it out.
More info here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/854450-cannonball-2015-september-11-13-a.html

I've just seen the updated info for the Cannoball, there are staying at the Malton Hotel in Killarney town centre & they are scheduled at the start line at 11am on Sunday morning, not sure how on schedule they'll stay though going by past events ;)

So taking that into consideration & to allow us some extra time if they are running late I'll change the meeting time in Tesco to 12:30 with departure sometime between 1:00 & 1:30

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So that's Sunday 13th September at 12:30pm in Tesco Car park on the east side of Killarney.

Get your RSVPs submitted if you are planning on attending so you'll get a reminder for the event as well as a notification of any last minute changes.

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else planning on making the trip to Killarney on the 13th ?

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've just seen the updated info for the Cannoball, there are staying at the Malton Hotel in Killarney town centre & they are scheduled at the start line at 11am on Sunday morning, not sure how on schedule they'll stay though going by past events ;)

So taking that into consideration & to allow us some extra time if they are running late I'll change the meeting time in Tesco to 12:30 with departure sometime between 1:00 & 1:30

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anymore heading to Killarney for the meet & the Cannonball, a great selection of cars again this year Accepted Cars 2015 :cool:

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the moment the forecast for Sunday is cloudy with showers.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
At the moment the forecast for Sunday is cloudy with showers.
Its Ireland....theres chances of that happening every day of the week.

I should be on time for this one:evil:, I'm staying in Abbeyfeale the night before because I really don't fancy driving for about 9 hours on sunday

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You're not wrong :eek: :lol: Pity though especially as last weekend was so nice but we've been very lucky with the weather for all the meets I've organised over the last few years so I suppose it was only a matter of time before the sun went on strike.

Promises, promises :p I'm heading down early anyway to see the Cannonball cars first :thumbs:

Is everyone else who has RSVPd YES still heading for Killarney & what about the MAYBEs ? It'd be helpful to know who will be there so that we can leave Killarney once we know everyone is there.

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear that Paddy, my condolences. Hopefully we'll see you at the next one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sorry to hear Paddy, condolences.

On less important news, just had the most unproductive morning in a long time - tried to get the wheel alignment reset and they couldn't do it as the joint in the t/h upper wishbone has developed a bit of play, took the variator actuators out in order to clean them only to realize I was out of white spirit, and finally washed the car only for the rain to appear 5 minutes later :biglaugh:

But I'll see you tomorrow!

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All that's a bit annoying alright, see you tomorrow :thumbs:

Car washed here most of yesterday by the rain & again today at least a few times so far ;)

Camera battery charged.

If anyone wants any AO flyers I'll have some with me tomorrow.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wont be there as helping my GF move has dragged into day 2. Women have so much stuff...Saw the cannonball today though. Well worth a look. Some serious noise makers there.

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 29 Posts