Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for the first meet of the year. The plan is to meet up between 12:30 & 1pm for a chat in Kinsale & maybe a visit to the chipper before departing sometime after 1pm. Dinos famous chipper is in the town centre just beside the pier & the carpark.

Before we leave Kinsale there's the option to drive up to Charles Fort which overlooks the bay, then back to Kinsale & on to the Old Head Of Kinsale where there's the Lusitania Memorial & the Old Head Of Kinsale Signal Tower. Then it's on to Garrylucas & Garretstown beaches & from there to Timoleague (Friary), Ring village, Clonakilty & then to Inchydoney Island. We'll be keeping to the Wild Atlantic Way route along the coast road as much as possible.

If anyone else has any suggestions do speak up, here or on the day.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route although it may vary slightly.

As always all are welcome so come along & don't forget to submit your RSVPs.

So that's Sunday 3th April at 12:30pm in Kinsale at the car park on the R600 (Pier Road) beside the Tourist Office & almost opposite Dinos Chipper.
Sat nav co-ordinates N 51.70533, W 8.5219

And if the main car park is full there's another car park just before Acton's Hotel, there's also on street parking by the water on Pier Road & Lower Road.
If anyone want's my phone number for Sunday, send me a PM with your number & I'll text you back.

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Anyone else ?

PS if the main car park is full there's another car park before Acton's Hotel, there's also on street parking by the water on Pier Road & Lower Road.
If anyone want's my phone number for Sunday, send me a PM with your number & I'll text you back.

Kinsale parking 2.png

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news :thumbs: & no I haven't changed it, your number still the same ?

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car clean, camera battery charged, see you all tomorrow :thumbs:

PS If anyone wants any AO flyers just ask, if I forget to offer.

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alfas parked up in car park 1 across from Dinos, sun is shining :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great day out today, nice to meet some new people & put names & faces to usernames, good to see some familiar faces again also. Thanks everyone who turned up today, I appreciate you all making the effort, I hope to see you all again in the not too distant future :thumbs:

And thanks Paddy for picking up the tab :thumbs: I owe you.

I've got my pics from today posted here now http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-andamp-events-images/967034-ao-republic-ireland-kinsale-inchydoney-island-via-wild-atlantic-way.html

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
You're very welcome David. Thanks again for organizing. :thumbs:

Next trip you should install forward mounted rockets to Blueee to dispatch Nissan Micras and Toyota Priuses. :devious:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Cheers folks, nice day indeed if we ignore the stupid rain - but then again, we'd need to install a dome on Ireland to mitigate that :)

I'm just back in the land of the living after spending most of yesterday on the couch - turns out planning for Monday off work was an excellent call.

I would extend the use of rockets to "creatively" parked Peugeots in the middle of hairpins!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts