Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next meet will be in Kinsale, the plan is to meet up at the later time than usual of 2pm for a chat in Kinsale & maybe a visit to the chipper before departing sometime after 2:30pm. Dinos famous chipper is in the town centre just beside the pier & the carpark.

Before we leave Kinsale there's the option to drive up to Charles Fort which overlooks the bay, then back to Kinsale & on to the Old Head Of Kinsale where there's the Lusitania Memorial & the Old Head Of Kinsale Signal Tower. Then it's on to Garrylucas & Garretstown beaches & from there to Timoleague (Friary), Courtmacsherry, Ring village, Clonakilty & then possibly to Inchydoney Island. We'll be keeping to the Wild Atlantic Way route along the coast road as much as possible.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route, although it may vary slightly.

As always all are welcome so come along.

So that's Sunday 25th August at the later time of 2pm in Kinsale, I suggest parking on the Lower Road as indicated by the Red arrow as parking in the car parks is usually very limited, we can then meet up around Dinos/the main town car park.
Satnav co-ordinates 51.70571, -8.51825

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Hi David this meet is on my door step I'd love to pop over to say Hi and for a chat at 14:00h with an Alfa ;) Weather is looking great for weekend too. Cheers Cathal
Are you bringing Alfreda?

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally I'll make I meet, looks like a nice route
Hi David this meet is on my door step I'd love to pop over to say Hi and for a chat at 14:00h with an Alfa ;) Weather is looking great for weekend too. Cheers Cathal
See you both Sunday :thumbs: Looks like it'll be a nice day alright with summer making a return :cool:

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blueee clean & full of petrol, see you later in Kinsale :thumbs:

IMG_20190824_110553.jpg

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Traffic. Road closures. Traffic. Slowcoaches. Traffic.

Still managed to have a lovely day with boy and the AR lads and lasses. Thanks David for organising. :thumbs:

Psst - don't tell anyone I got lost.

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks all who made it to the meet today, great to see some new faces & Alfas in attendance, hope to see you again soon. I had a great day out despite the traffic & lack of a visit to Dinos ;) Hope you all enjoyed the day & made it home safe :thumbs:

Some pics from today here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/mee...lty-wild-atlantic-way-25th-august-2019-a.html
Great photos - the cars all look amazing. That's a cracking Mito.

As for that GTA... what a fantastic looking machine.

Reactions: Mufasa and David P

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Remind me to tell you of the drama of Garretstown Beach while we were waiting for you.
As I've been inundated with literally no requests for further information following the intrigue of my teaser I shall put my nose in the air and sniff haughtily. It had everything - cars, children, Guards, screaming women and dogs. But no, I shall keep it to myself and you only have yourselves and your cruel indifference to blame.

*wet raspberry*

:cry:

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was waiting to remind you at the Healy Pass or at Mizen head :HEADBANG:

And epic setting for no doubt an epic tale :D

:p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts