Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to organise the next Killarney to Moll's Gap & Healy Pass meet.

We'll meet up in the Tesco car park (east of the town) in Killarney at 12pm for a chat & maybe a quick bite to eat before departing sometime between 12:30 & 1pm.
There's a Costa Coffee behind the Tesco.

From Killarney it's off to Moll's Gap stopping at Ladies View (there's a café there http://www.ladiesview.com/ ) & again at the Gap.
Then on to Kenmare where depending what people want we can stop or head straight onto the start of the Healy Pass where there's a lay-by at Lauragh where we can again stop before starting up the Pass.

Once we get down to the end of the Pass we'll stop at the school just before Adrigole where we can head home from there or head to Glengarriff for a bite to eat if that's what people want.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route including sat nav co-ordinates of the meeting point.

Here's a few pics from last year's meet http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-andamp-events-images/896865-ao-republic-of-ireland-killarney-healy-pass-13-sept-2015-a.html

The Killarney meet has always a good day out so hopefully we'll see a few familiar faces as well as some new faces attending, also if anyone has any suggestions for the day speak up. As ever all are welcome so come along & get your RSVPs in.

So that's Sunday 4th September at 12pm in Tesco car park Killarney on the east side of the town (sat nav co-ordinates 52.062861, -9.494323 off the R876)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

.​

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So that's Sunday 4th September at 12pm in Tesco Car park on the east side of Killarney.

Get your RSVPs submitted if you are planning on attending so you'll get a reminder for the event as well as a notification of any last minute changes.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ive a thesis to write and its due that evening so theres no way I can commit to it unfortunately

Enjoys lads and take plenty of snaps

·
Registered
442 Posts
So, I got one arm changed today but when I tried to move the shock absorber sleeve on the passenger's side it quite literally vomited the plastic buffer stop on me, in a million tiny pieces. Now I know exactly what that annoying "crunching" noise coming from there was!

Off to TI next week to get new front shocks (and get the new LH upper wishbone fitted, it's now sitting in the boot).

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi there !
I'm thinking of joining you guys that day
I have question for you: is there any cheap hostel around that you could recommend me ?
I would come the day before and have rest after long drive from Belfast :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Hi there !
I'm thinking of joining you guys that day
I have question for you: is there any cheap hostel around that you could recommend me ?
I would come the day before and have rest after long drive from Belfast :)

Cheers.
I don't have any experience of any hostels but Killarney does have one or two...

Hostels in Killarney - Choose from 22 Killarney Hostels with Hostelworld

I hope to see you. :thumbs: Going to be a hell of a journey back on Sunday evening though.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
I know that's why I really don't know if this trip is wort the hassle.
5h driving back home

Too bad nothing similar happening here in NI :/
If you don't have to be somewhere on Monday you could crash here Sunday night. We're a good 5 1/2 hours from Belfast though.

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know that's why I really don't know if this trip is wort the hassle.
5h driving back home

Too bad nothing similar happening here in NI :/
That'd be a big trek all the way down from Belfast to Killarney for a meet :eek: You're more than welcome though if you decide to make the trip.

It might be worth bumping your thread & maybe posting in the chat & intro threads in the NI section to see if you can get any interest from the locals :thumbs:

·
Registered
274 Posts
That'd be a big trek all the way down from Belfast to Killarney for a meet :eek: You're more than welcome though if you decide to make the trip.

It might be worth bumping your thread & maybe posting in the chat & intro threads in the NI section to see if you can get any interest from the locals :thumbs:
Sadly I have to say that in NI there is no one who is Interested in meets and stuff so no luck with that.
That's why Im looking for Alfa enthusiasts and meetings in Ireland :)

I'll ask my few of my friends to go with me :)
We will see what will they say...

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Sadly I have to say that in NI there is no one who is Interested in meets and stuff so no luck with that.
That's why Im looking for Alfa enthusiasts and meetings in Ireland :)

I'll ask my few of my friends to go with me :)
We will see what will they say...
It would be more convenient for you if you could persuade the Leinster lot out of their shells. They're a bit strange on that side of the country all right but they won't eat you. :p

·
Registered
442 Posts
It would be more convenient for you if you could persuade the Leinster lot out of their shells. They're a bit strange on that side of the country all right but they won't eat you. :p
Yeah should actually get on and figure something out. Problem is, I have no knowledge of the country/hillside/generic good driving roads around here, so the itinerary might be a bit of an issue (unless we want to do a night of "tunnel runs", did the whole length of it in 3rd gear a few days ago and even with the overly-civilized exhaust on the JTS, it's "aurally pleasant"...want to hear a Busso under there! :biglaugh:).

On unrelated news, the good lads at TI were fully booked until August 25th (it's actually great to hear they have so much business!)...so only two days to sort everything out, fingers crossed!

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ive a thesis to write and its due that evening so theres no way I can commit to it unfortunately

Enjoys lads and take plenty of snaps
Good luck with the thesis :thumbs:

Will do :D

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 weeks to the Killarney Meet, anyone else planning on making the trip ?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts