Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

The classics Moll's Gap & Healy Pass are calling us again.

We'll meet up in the Tesco car park in Killarney at 12pm for a chat & maybe a quick bite to eat before departing between 12:30 & 1:00.

From Killarney we'll head for Moll's Gap possibly stopping at Ladies View & again at the Gap itself for a few pics.

From there it's on to Kenmare where depending what people want we can stop or head straight onto the start of the Healy Pass where there's a lay-by at Lauragh where we can again stop for a few mins before starting up the Pass.

Once we get down to the end of the Pass we'll stop at the school just before Adrigole where we can head home from there or head to Glengarriff for a bite to eat if that's what people want.

Here's a Google Map of the suggested route including sat nav co-ordinates of the meeting point.

Here's a few pics from the last meet there http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-and-events-images/345857-ao-ireland-killarney-meet-july-2012-a.html

It was a good day down there last year & hopefully we'll see a few more new as well as a few familiar faces make the trip again, as ever all are welcome so come along & get your RSVPs in.

So that's Sunday 1st September at 12pm in Tesco car park Killarney.

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
See you all on Sunday 1st September at 12pm in Tesco car park :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some great roads there alright including the drive back from Adrigole to Glengarriff :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I drove that plenty of times on holiday this year, staying in Kenmare - great road.

Also did the Gap of Dunloe by car which was... interesting... :lol:

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Not for 40€ I shouldn't! Despite all the 'DO NOT DARE DRIVE IT' comments everywhere, the actual road was fine ...as long as you're not looking at it from the perspective of my undertray.

The fear of not having breakdown cover, however...

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone else thinking of making the trip to the Gap & the Pass ?

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's too far down the road for me I'm afraid, my wallet couldn't take it :lol:

At least you've already got a run in Kerry this year ;) The (only) downside of a V6 is it's wallet draining abilities :eek: :lol:

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone else heading to Killarney, it's only 2 weeks away now. Get your RSVPs in :thumbs:

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Administrator
87,326 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts