Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
So this day seemed to be the most popular of the two.
Anyway as most of you know, the Military road to Glendalough is one of the nicest in the country and what better way to celebrate the extra hour than taking a spin up.

Plan is to meet in St Enda's car park in Rathfarnham around 15:30 and leave at 16:00. It should take around an hour to get to glendalough.
There are some nice photo ops along the way so make sure those alfas are cleaned well....the non alfas that might attend, well make sure they're stunning as well, they'll need to be with all these Italian cars around:lol:

From Glendalough, take the R755 into Roundwood and from from there head up the sally gap and back down the military Road.

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to make them :thumbs:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z8qxtuvxGC5U.kLrBMBnEH6Q0

Don't forget to RSVP if you are planning on attending.

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts
That's Sunday 26th April meeting in St Enda's car park in Rathfarnham around 15:30

·
Registered
96 Posts
as said in the rsvp comments - I'm maybe - my 166 had a terminal case of sick timing belt :( - engine is being replaced by Don at the moment - assuming everything goes well and she's good we will be there + I am bringing personal photographer ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as said in the rsvp comments - I'm maybe - my 166 had a terminal case of sick timing belt :( - engine is being replaced by Don at the moment - assuming everything goes well and she's good we will be there + I am bringing personal photographer ;)
Oh christ, thats not good, but great to see you're keeping it on the road....he has a 3.2 there:lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Would love to make this one, but have a trip away with herself booked for that weekend. There is a small possibility I'll be able to go depending when I get back home, I might meet you all in Glendalough but I've RSVPd as a maybe for now :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Woot woot !!! New engine is in and apparently everything is OK will be collecting early next week from Don ! So we'll be there on the 26th!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woot woot !!! New engine is in and apparently everything is OK will be collecting early next week from Don ! So we'll be there on the 26th!!
Great to hear that, bet shell be better than the last one:thumbs:
Anyone else?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great to hear that, bet shell be better than the last one:thumbs:
Anyone else?
Collected, second day of driving today :)
Works great - so now the 'insides' are pretty much done - next stop bodywork :)
She'll be still looking like car straight from Italy on this meet, but hopefully by the end of the year she'll be better than new!

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Great stuff Bernard!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Collected, second day of driving today :)
Works great - so now the 'insides' are pretty much done - next stop bodywork :)
She'll be still looking like car straight from Italy on this meet, but hopefully by the end of the year she'll be better than new!
Great to hear Bernard, is the bodywork or bad, or is it something a detailer could take out?

Great stuff Bernard!:thumbs:
Will you be gracing us with your presence....the new site won't let me see who's rsvpd :crying:

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's bad. I used to park it in pheonix park so I have a dent on the driver side , rear, looks like kicked in :(

And badly repaired scratch on the Passanger side.

Alloys need some love as well ;(

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Shane I'll try to breeze in to Enda's - I get my kids on a Sunday and it won't really be their bag!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shane I'll try to breeze in to Enda's - I get my kids on a Sunday and it won't really be their bag!
Completely understandable. One day you might get lucky and it will be their thing

·
Administrator
87,325 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Went to pick up an Alfa GT this morning with a friend that is now converted, not a bad price 04 , 87k miles, needs a Lambda sensor,timing belt change soon , oil change and a good clean but couldn't find much else wrong with it got it for 1200.

So he'll be coming along tomorrow as well now..

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great to hear someone else has caught the disease.

I was worried that the weather would be bad tomorrow last night and this afternoon when it was bucketing down but met eireanns rainfall radar is predicting it to be dry and there doesn't seem to be anything moving in either except for cold weather.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts