Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if anyone else has similar problem. seems to only happen in cold after car has been sitting, when driving off at low speed braking can hear grinding type sound only from front left caliper and after it warms up it is ok. will get it looked at when i get a chance, hoping nothing is loose. when i had fsds done left hand wasnt torqued up properly and took the car back, they apologised and the boss said he checked over everything himself (WAD). car brakes fine, pads were changed not long ado and discs have plenty left.
any thoughts would be appreciated. ayat

G

·
0 Posts
Not mine, but to be fair she lives in the garage so never left outside.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
681 Posts
just wanted to know if anyone else has similar problem. seems to only happen in cold after car has been sitting, when driving off at low speed braking can hear grinding type sound only from front left caliper and after it warms up it is ok. will get it looked at when i get a chance, hoping nothing is loose. when i had fsds done left hand wasnt torqued up properly and took the car back, they apologised and the boss said he checked over everything himself (WAD). car brakes fine, pads were changed not long ado and discs have plenty left.
any thoughts would be appreciated. ayat
It probably just dirt/surface rust on the disc from all the snow, rain and damp weather!

After a heavy downpour have you ever looked at how rusty your disc's look

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no but i will check , my mate said the same nothing to worry about, but never had it before, but then ive never had it in such conditions. car brakes spot on so think its probably cold / dirt etc but will get it checked when i get a chance

G

·
0 Posts
That could be it - mine do sometimes stick after I have cleaned the car and left it standing for some while. This causes a bit of surface rust on the discs. Fine once it's moved slightly.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
my rears stick on overnight a bit when i leave the driveway after having bit of rain or cold conditions, but they do not rub once got moving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts