Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title really, I've been toying with something a bit meatier for the v6 to replace what are pretty mediocre brakes in my opinion..

I've already got a full set of Braided brake lines from Alfaholics, but stopping wise the car's wooly.. Got a bit of a brake imbalance too, although at MOT the tester let it off as the car was resting on it's subframe on the brake testing rig.. :lol:

Anyone had experience of these? I've searched for a post specifically about these but no luck.

Motorsportworld.co.uk have a trackday kit for the 3.0, Which is F2000 discs and Corsa .114 pads. I'd love to hear from anyone with experience! :thumbs:

In addition to discs and pads, what else should I change while i'm playing with the brakes? (I'm planning on the odd track day too in the not too distant future..)

TAROX - discs - F2000

TAROX - brakepads - 114

Cheers! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bugger, guess no replies means they're poo! hehe

·
Registered
870 Posts
Might be an idea to ask others, if you go to the Castle Comfort meet, what is the recommended for both road and track.

I'm hoping to swap the OEM rear brakes on mine for something a bit better, I know the bias is at the front but after a few close calls I feel like something better is necessary.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
I fitted Tarox SJ disks to my 156, about a yaer ago, they are drilled as well as groved, I just used bog standard ferodo pads but the breaking power is far superior to what it was. the disks are a little harder on pads but I think it is worth it. Also when breaking hard you can here them working.

Well worth changing them, let me know how you get on with the corsa pads.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, Been getting myself into a position to change them, one of the last jobs to do.. Glad Tar-OX seem to have a decent rep!

Look pretty cool too IMO,

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When did you last change the fluid?
I haven't in the time i've had the car, So it's been almost 18 months, why'd you ask?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
If you've got spongy brakes, the first thing I would do is make sure you've got decent, fresh brake fluid in, in case the old fluid has absorbed too much moisture :( It might not fix your problem, but it's a cheap start :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts