Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to know if torque steer is a massive issue with the gqv. Especially with remapped qv's. Lj has a superb g with massive bhp. Interested to hear from him and others out there

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Your threads crack me up lol

but in all seriousness all high performance FWD cars will have torque steer.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Why don't you concentrate on getting the right car first, then worry about what mods/improvements you want to do. You may actually like the car as is!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Even cars that supposedly don't torque steer, such as the Focus RS, do. When I tried the RS I was amazed at how bad it was considering the positive press. The new Focus ST is just as bad.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol. I crack myself up sometimes. Cheers for the answers. And yeah at somepoint i may just buy the car!!! Get ahead of myself sometimes. You can close thread now

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally i still think it was a valid question as i dont want to buy a car that when i modify (and i def will) gets ridiculous torque steer because of how its built. I do understand that i am more than a bit excited to get a g but i am the type of person that likes to do there research before i dive into a large purchase such as this. By the way towney i think your g has sold now as its not on autotrader anymore. Absolutely gutted. Why did you sell it so early man

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Personally i still think it was a valid question as i dont want to buy a car that when i modify (and i def will) gets ridiculous torque steer because of how its built. I do understand that i am more than a bit excited to get a g but i am the type of person that likes to do there research before i dive into a large purchase such as this. By the way towney i think your g has sold now as its not on autotrader anymore. Absolutely gutted. Why did you sell it so early man
Yeah its sold mate. Just checked his web site.

I wonder if its owner appears on here.

The guy who bought my mito never appeared on here, I miss that car soo much. I think ill buy another mito one day.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Even without the map and the standard (cheese soft) Pirelli your going to get torque steer if your hooning it out of a corner on a camber...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well ****ed when i saw that your car was sold. You had already fitted a turboback exhaust and had coilovers. All i would have needed to do is remap it and get the marangoni front bumper that i all so love as it makes the car look a bit meaner from the front

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I don't understand the backlash some guys give Sinistah for asking so many GQV tuning related questions...seriously why?

The guy is interested, it is your duty to answer as mnay questions as possible, here is a guy who looks to the GQV as an upgrade and not some other hot hatch out there...instead of being wise asses all the time on his posts, rather steer the guy in the right direction, other forums from other brands would show the guy in the right direction asap and be glad to answer all questions, but on here, he is called a tyre kicker...and don't say you didn't insinuate he is a tyre kicker, we can all read.

Sinistah - all fwd car with more than enough BHP will torque steer, but its really not something to worry about in the GQV with its eDiff, just fit brilliant tyres.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for that mate your exactly right. To be fair it was only the one or two guys out there that felt the need to be a wise ass. You get it on all of these social networking things. People using annonymous tags to show how much of an ass they really are. I ignore those people as they never have anything useful to say and are generally cowards as they would never call me names to my face. For all the real alfa owners out there cheers for the advice as it is much appreciated

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well, I don't know about others, but my comments were a bit of banter. Sometimes perhaps that is not how it comes across when written down so if that is not how they were read then apologies.

I like reading Sinistah's posts!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts