Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I had my new tyres put on and balanced , When i got home i noticed 1 wheel had no weights but had 3 dots stamped about every 45 Deg on the inside of wheel.
Anyone know what this means ? should weights have been put on there or is it a sign of a perfect balanced wheel ? :irked:

Thx

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Think its more to do with the fact the wheel might be balanced. But by tbe yime you put a valve and a tyre on it'll never be perfect.

The stamps might be where the old wheel weights were.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Think its more to do with the fact the wheel might be balanced. But by tbe yime you put a valve and a tyre on it'll never be perfect.

The stamps might be where the old wheel weights were.

I took all the old weights off and fitted alloy flush fit valves and the stamped dots are new and i've never seen anything like it before but things have changed alot in 20 odd years , we had none of that fancy laser stuff :biglaugh:

I thought they were 3 dots but all 4 sets are different

Here is a pic

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I took all the old weights off and fitted alloy flush fit valves and the stamped dots are new and i've never seen anything like it before but things have changed alot in 20 odd years , we had none of that fancy laser stuff :biglaugh:

I thought they were 3 dots but all 4 sets are different

Here is a pic
that's indents from the clamps on the mounting machine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts