Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am willing to hire a set of cam locks from anyone who has a set for a 1.8 16v. I will pay all costs, my word is my bond. Surely someone must trust another alfa man who wants to prevent himself being ripped off by the main dealers

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want it to be spot on, I think i have lost the settings since i took the tensioner off.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you lined up the pullys with a mark on the head or the rocker cover and you didnt take out the foour bolts on the inlet cam then as long as your back to all your marks it will be fine...if its all back where you started before you took the belt off or let the tensioner off it will be fine.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trouble is i did not mark the crank pulley ( I know I am stupid )

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
errrrrr ahhhhh.......was it on tdc or did you just mark it where it was.??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just where it was, what are the red marks on the inlet drive cog and on the exhaust cog.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the marks on the cog should line up to the top level of the head (make any sense)

if you look at the top line of the head from the belt side... with the cogs in the right place these marks should line up to that level.

J

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the marks wont make any difference if the pullys have been off the cams.....and i didnt think the inlet was marked at all.!!!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not all dealers rip us off. Local alfa/fiat dealer in Doncaster charged me £10 for cam lock tools for our 20 valve marea.
Hire of tools £70 with £60 refund on return.
It was worth the tenner. :D

155 silverstone
marea 20 valve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts