Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in two minds as to whether to put my GTA Sportwagon up for sale or not. On the one hand, I've not driven it at all this year, and barely drove it last year either as it spent all summer in the paint shop getting new front wings and a full body respray. On the other hand, lockdown has b*ggered up everything, and I don't exactly live close to any major conurbations. I've also got no idea at all what it's worth and sometimes I think it's easier just to leave it where it is, cosseted in its carcoon in a nice dry farm shed.

A few details, just in case anyone's interested. It's done 72k miles. I bought it February 2011. The man I bought it from had it from new, although it was a dealer demonstrator so had been registered. It's got a Quaife diff and a Scorpion back box, but is otherwise fairly standard. The front wings have been replaced with fibreglass replicas, so no worry about tin worm there. On the downside, part of the front wheel arch liner is missing and I know they're impossible to find. The engine bay could do with a bit of a refresh, and the brake callipers look a bit faded.

Not long after I got the car, I had Eibach roll bars and springs fitted, along with Bilstein shocks. This lowered it far too much, and ruined the ride, imho, and I've reverted to stock springs and shocks, and replaced all the rear suspension bits very recently. If I sell, the lower springs and shocks will come with it, along with any other bits and bobs I've accumulated over the years. It's due a cambelt change, and I have all the kit ready (including my own set of camshaft locks). I'll get that done if any potential buyer wants it, or include all the belts etc. with the car, along with the locks since I'll no longer need them.

Anyway, this is really just a toe in the water. I managed to take a few photos, which I've uploaded to a dropbox folder here -

July 2020

I'll add a picture of the engine bay as soon as I can get one taken.

And finally, the number plate is possibly the only personalised plate acceptable on a Sportwagon. I will sell it with the car, but would expect it to be reflected in the price.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the deafening silence after posting this. My broadband went down over the weekend, and this forum isn't easy to access on a phone! I'll try to get in touch with folk who've messaged me today, although I've no idea when BT will come and fix their mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts