Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Up,

How are you all? Just some quick advice needed please. Someone's nicked me 'J' off me 2.4 'TD. So I think, come light of day, i'll de badge me 156. Anyone got any advice on the best solvent type stuff to use to remove the sticky foam stuff? Or should I use that rare, hard to find essence called 'Elbow Grease?':cheese:

Also, since I've had me motor, I've noticed some dodgy orange paint flecks, (No they're not rust), that are splattered on a few panels and chrome. I've tried removing them with white spirit and water:tut: , but don't wanna damage paint work. They won't pick off and seem like them stuck fast. What should I use?

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
petrol - careful though ;)

·
Vendor
46,276 Posts
Took the 2.5 badge off my new 156 today, a little bit of not-quite-boiling water and slid my Asda credit card behind it.. Picked off remaining glue with finger nail and got rid of the outline with a tiny bit of T-cut - looks like it was never there.

Did the same thing when I debadged my JTD - if you want a 'J' I could have a look around for you but I have a sneaky feeling I got rid of them. I can send you a 2.5 though! :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheeers guys,
I'll try hot water, petrol and vinegar. Then maybe get arrested under the terrorism act.

Hopefully me lovely alf will be nice n shiny tomorrow!

Think I'll leave 156 on, see how removal goes!

·
Vendor
46,276 Posts
cheeers guys,
I'll try hot water, petrol and vinegar. Then maybe get arrested under the terrorism act.
:lol: :cheese: :lol:

Think I'll leave 156 on, see how removal goes!
I left my 156 on after I took off the 2.4 JTD, but eventually took that off as well, I think it looks better for it. I'm leaving the 156 on the left on the new one, and on the right just V6 24v, the 2.5 is gone and I aren't putting a 3.2 badge on.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Use dental floss behind the badge to remove it using a sawing action. Then use some ethanol (alcohol) to remove the sticky mess left behind.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Great idea armoore :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Tar & Glur remover.

gentle, as you will scrath the paint with nails etc.

Soak it up for 5 mins, and gently rub a towle type rag over it, use your nails etc for the big bits, but the Tar & glue romover will soak in behing, just keep it all moist and the glue will melt away leaving no scratches.

I use it when removing and refitting the side skirts which is held on with double sided tape similar to that of a badge.

Nothing else really comes close as this stuff is designed to remove Glue (and tar).

Buy anywhere - halfaruds, motor factors...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts