Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
:eek: My GQV due to be built this week and arrive in the UK towards the end of Feb. I have a few weeks' grace as I don't need to take delivery until the end of March.

I'm out in Italy next week and have seen warnings about fuel supplies going short 'cos of this strike too....

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats about it car wise I believe, they until Christmas also had one on Sicily but that was closed. There is a Fiat power train factory, and then not sure about Iveco....

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
In case you're wondering: Giuliettas are made at the factory in Cassino (the town at the foot of the famous Monte Cassino). Mito is made at Mirafiori, which is on the outskirts of Turin.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Well according to call from dealer few days back, mine is built! Waiting to see if its stuck at the factory, on a lorry or made it to the boat ;)

Not sure why anyone would take a car back half of Feb, its a short month and the 12 plate comes March 1st no?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Would imagine Cassino has a fair bit of spare capacity at the moment as the other models built there are Fiat's Bravo & Lancia's/Chrysler's Delta, both of which aren't selling very well.

Mirafiori should be able to catch-up quickly too (if the Italians get on with it instead of arguing over break times etc) as i think it only builds the MiTo there now, since the Multipla and (i believe) Fiat's Idea and Lancia Musa have stopped production.

Infact all the Italian car plants probably have capacity as Melfi builds the Fiat/Abarth Punto which has seen slowing sales and Pomigliano d'arco which builds the New Panda and formerly the Alfa 159 probably won't have seen the result of the New Panda launch yet.

The busiest plant is usually Tychy in Poland as it builds all non-USA 500 variants plus the current Panda, Ford Ka, new Ypsilon and possibly Fiat Seicento for some markets. Would imagine Fiat are glad they've got a few plants outside Italy!

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The blockades faded during last week as the police started clearing them. Then from Friday the official strike ended, and things are now back to normal transit wise.

Fiat say the factories will catch up lost production in the next few weeks...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine was due 'end of March' when ordered last month; spoke to my dealer earlier this week and he reckons its on a transporter ready to be up at Alexanders in Thornaby next week:) well chuffed if that is the case

·
Registered
482 Posts
My Giulietta was delivered on Wednesday and I just picked it up today. I ordered about four weeks ago as it was a model already in production and matched my spec. Well chuffed with it....sorry to rub it in if you're still waiting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts