Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Rock and Roll

I really don't want coilovers on this car so trying to find a good alternative without spending silly amounts of money.

Anyone used this combo before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AP-Spring...679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a98cb0b37
Interesting find, a lot more realistically priced than most overrated after market stuff out there but personally I don't want to go that low.
I'm presently on stock suspension with Eibach anti-roll bars and have no real handling issues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i think u can get them to near enough standard hight. I had standard shockers and lowing springs and these are so much better. Are u near lancashire

·
Registered
823 Posts
i think u can get them to near enough standard hight. I had standard shockers and lowing springs and these are so much better. Are u near lancashire
If you mean me ( probably not) I'm Birmingham way, Gaz :thumbs:
But as a matter of interest how much are v-maxx kits?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I think half the time you pay for the name. Me and my misses really Rate them
I would disagree with the above comment.. you pay for what you get most of the time.
I have run coilovers from 400 to 4 thousand pounds and the difference is remarkable

springs are much better damping more adjustable and so much better than cheaper units..

the question is can you tell the difference. In my opinion cheap new dampers are going to feel better than old worn out standard dampers and if only be used for a road car then some 1k a corner dampers are over kill.. but try to do a rally stage on cheap dampers and you will find out why they are cheap

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi mate I race motorbikes to a national level so I do understand how suspension works and how it feels as the suspension is the most important part of making a bike go fast. End of the day the high end stuff will be better and made out of better materials etc. we are driving cars on the road not the race track and u will not be using the car to any where near its full capacity and if u are u should be banned in my opinion. So unless you are going racing with the car 90% of the time u are paying for the name

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
We have fitted hundreds of suspension kits over the years and hands down the best in my opinion is the Eibach Pro S kit with our specified front spring

Eibach Pro Street S Coilover Suspension Kit - Autolusso New Alfa Romeo Parts

This is what I have on my GTA and it is what I would recommend every time, I often give me car to people to try out before they buy :thumbs:

Note: I have this kit with the Eibach roll bars too

Ned

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I will have some Koni FSDs with Eibach springs looking for a new home shortly!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Can you please put me down for 1st refusal? :)
When they come off I will inspect them and let you know. It might not be until the end of April or May.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts