Registered
12,891 Posts
great sound........:thumbs:

·
Registered
364 Posts
how has this guy done this

YouTube - Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 V6 24v sound with Honda exhaust

it seems fitting Ragazzon is not the way to go, but a trip to the scrap yard is. What Honda exhaust has he fitted as it looks very similar to a 166 standard one?

Sounds proper Italian, alive and fizzy
Well im Polish,
On the video it says in polish that only back box is from honda, it looks like accord to me.
I still think my previous 166 had better sound
YouTube - Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6 Engine and Exhaust Sound

In couple of weeks i will be de-cating my 166 then i will post a nice video :>

·
Registered
761 Posts
Are you lot mad, or hard of hearing?

It sounds bloody horrible. Farty at idle, acceptably gruff in the first few k of the rev range, but then sort of bland at the top end. Yeah, it's raspy, but not in a good way, and doesn't have any sort of character to it. And then just sounds naff again on the overun.

There's so many nicer sounding examples of Alfa V6s on Youtube, that one just has FAIL written all over it.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry GLP, I like that rasp and fizz, I do have a Ragazzon,, sounds deeper but does not fizz through the rev range like that does.

I will concede, idle sound is rubbish, and the blue smoke is not a good look.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Engine might be a banger..........But im thinking the Type r box is about £75......I could make one fit a 166 easy with no cost............What do ya think? I assume it would sound a hell of a lot better then that........plus i bet it sounds better in the flesh then on a phone..................could this cause any issues?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts