Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is anyone looking at selling up their GTA in the near future? I would preferably want a sportwagon but a saloon is more than acceptable. I am quite fussy and am looking for a nice example with a good history. The current selection on the obvious market places are not that great if I'm honest or too highly priced to warrant a visit. I will pay good money for the right car however. I am not interested in insurance catagorised cars. i actually looked into a 147 GTA as a compromise last night which was lovely albeit when HPi checked was a cat d. I live in Essex so the surrounding counties work best but I will travel if required.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
You've probably discounted it due to mention of insurance category, but I saw a cracker for sale on eBay the other day. Going for about half what I'd even think of letting mine go for and seemed similar condition and mileage wise.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Whilst I'm not planning to sell mine - happy for you to come look at my GTA given I might not be that far away in Kent - might help you really decide what you want or what you are looking for?

S

·
0 Posts
I'd echo the same offer of a look over.

Mine is the more extreme end of visual modifications with a fair few mild mechanical changes.

Essex ain't far from Peterborough either.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd echo the same offer of a look over.

Mine is the more extreme end of visual modifications with a fair few mild mechanical changes.

Essex ain't far from Peterborough either.
Hi Chaps,

I think Ill save myself from the heartache of seeing something I cant have! But thanks for the offer. I know what I want in terms of vehicle (Im not new to Alfa ownership) but as you can all appreciate the rarity of the car is a big factor in finding examples in the first place and this is before discussions about condition. This is why I have a few cars on my list in GTA guise. The engine is the heart of the car for me but in terms of wish list priority it would be;

156 SW
156 Saloon

When my hunt is complete Ill happily meet to discuss our Alfas!

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
945 Posts
it would be a little like "this is what you could have won" if you just went to have a look and wouldn't take an offer.

i'm sure everything has its price. Are you lot saying (hypothetically) if Mark waved 15 grand at you you wouldn't take it?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
it would be a little like "this is what you could have won" if you just went to have a look and wouldn't take an offer.

i'm sure everything has its price. Are you lot saying (hypothetically) if Mark waved 15 grand at you you wouldn't take it?
Mine might go back to Essex for that :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

I think that is the interesting bit - had similar a few years back, couldn't sleep thinking about it, but I woke up the next morning having decided I would decline, and the offer was not a serious one anyway.

I think until you get a serious offer, you cant say until it happens - I do agree, everything has it's price, both in terms of selling and keeping the GTA. Cant think what I would replace the GTA with - but most likely on the list would be an Abarth 595 - if anything at all. But what price would I pay in missing something that has become a part of me!

So in answer to your question - I'm not sure / don't know that £15k would do it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
So in answer to your question - I'm not sure / don't know that £15k would do it.
-----------

16?: :beer::beer: thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
-----------

16?: :beer::beer: thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
ha ha - turn up with the cash, wave it in front of me to see if I go for it - and then you can find out :thinking:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
15-16k. One day they will be worth it I'm sure.

Today,,,,,Probably not (well certainly not my thoughts for their place in the market). But I am genuine. And I do really want a SW. Those that have contacted me thus far, thanks and I will be in touch.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
15-16k. One day they will be worth it I'm sure.

Today,,,,,Probably not (well certainly not my thoughts for their place in the market). But I am genuine. And I do really want a SW. Those that have contacted me thus far, thanks and I will be in touch.
That's what all serious GTA buyers say when wanting to buy one :laugh:

There's a guy in Switzerland who's selling his (absolutely mint) one. It's RHD.
Cheers,
Hedge
Now that would be good to see - where is the link?

·
Registered
945 Posts
There's a guy in Switzerland who's selling his (absolutely mint) one. It's RHD.
Cheers,
Hedge
hedge - who is this? I remember the respray thread on this. I was interested back when it was first advertised but i'm sure he wanted close to 10k at the time and it was in switzerland with swiss plates on!

S

·
0 Posts
Any car is for sale if the right price is offered.

My SW is always for sale....in theory.

However, I genuinely don't know if I could do it.

It cost £6000 4 years ago.

I've put probably another £5000 in it. I'd want strong money for it. But it is in really good nick.

I doubt anyone would get near the £10000 I'd probably need to sell it.

·
Registered
37,852 Posts
Mine was £5k.

Replacement 'box etc £2k

Heads done, 3k

..and it's still a tatty shed. I would probably let it go for £5-£6K, but I don't think many would reckon it's worth that.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
honestly if you waved £15k at me I would say no, mine is probably only worth a third of that price! Its my car and I don't want anyone else to have it :)
Maybe one day it will be worth £15k but that will be a long time yet!

Good luck in your search

Reactions: Oggy_GTA
1 - 20 of 75 Posts