Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Anyone seen this message on their ICS...

Tags
ics message
2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Mufasa 
#1 ·
Bootsector AR 3.1

Loading loader..

This is appearing intermittently and is there at the start of a journey,and remains until the end of the journey sometimes for a while even with the key removed from the ignition !

Next journey everything is normal if the previous journey was of a reasonable length,if only a short previous journey the message will be there again.

When the message is there climate control reverts to AUTO mode and the only button on the ICS that does anything is the OFF button,allowing to turn climate control off.

There is no way i can find to clear the screen of this message,and while it is there all functions of the ICS are rendered inoperable other than the OFF button allowing me to switch the climate control off/on.

Its seems as though the ICS has lost connection with the 6 CD player and is re establishing it !,or has my ICS just gone faulty?

Thanks for any suggestions in advance:happy:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to dig that old thread up Pomeo:thumbup,confirms my thoughts that the ICS is shot,it is the original one fitted though so i guess 17 years and 100,000 miles cant complain to much considering all the functions it carries out.

Thinking ahead of the game i purchased a reconditioned boxed ICS off ebay last week for £190.00, happy that even if i did not need it i had a spare as i am planning to keep the car for a while yet.

I have a pair of universal radio removal forks,would one of these be suitable for the two holes on the left of the ICS fascia,or is there a specific removal tool?

Also,once the replacement ICS is installed,and powered up,does it self configure or is there any setting up reqd?

Thanks again in advance for any replies:happy:

#5 ·
I have a pair of universal radio removal forks,would one of these be suitable for the two holes on the left of the ICS fascia,or is there a specific removal tool?

:cheese:

What a numpty for thinking it was going to be that straight forward!:lol:

Well after finding this thread;

www.alfaowner.com/forum/alfa-164-an...ics-removal-hopefully-a-definitive-guide.html

and having a good read,i decided to have a go at fitting the replacement ICS that i purchased from ebay .

It took me about an hour this morning and no broken bits or damaged trim!

The trickiest bit was locating the metal clip on the right hand side of the ICS with a screwdriver,and then pushing it to release it.After probing around with the screwdriver got lucky and felt the springiness,pushed and released.

With left and right clips released it is then a case of sliding the ICS forward and removing all the plastic multi pin connectors,some of which a bit awkward due to access and being a bit tight after not being moved for 17 years!

The replacement ICS is a year 2002 unit with telephone button at the top and card slot on the right hand side i presume for the NAV,the old ICS being a year 1999 unit without the phone button and slot.

Glad to say that after fitting and reconnecting the battery it was just a case of entering the 4 digit code from the code card,and entering your personal settings for radio etc.

Nice to return to normality again!

Big thanks to the forum and members for your help,could not have done it without you:thumbu p:

#7 ·
Awe Chris ..I didn't want to burst Mockies bubble.
Yes ancient technology away back when BUTT those cards are still sold the same size to fit our old 166 card slots.
Not sure if the new cards are compatible with the box as I have just bought a new Tesco PAYG for the Apple phone and its full size and piggy backs O2 so worth a shot to see IF it works.
IIRC ONLY the old O2 and Vodafone worked...All others didn't

AND the satnav only lasted from 99-01 and no updates available since. unless you stick in a G3.

Pomeo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.