Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I have a fantastic condition '99 Ph2 TS in Vela Blue (I think it's 'Vela' blue? It's the navy blue anyway... :inlove:).

The car will eventually be heading for the scrappers I'm afraid (unless anyone wants to buy it complete-ish?), as the engine is pooped - and it's understood that the main engine-gearbox seal has gone so there's some oil all over the clutch/gearbox.

Unfortunately therefore, it's destined to help a few other GTVs/Spiders stay alive before it dies. :cry: Such a shame though, it has clearly been a cherished car (I have service history, old MOTs etc for it).

The following parts have/will be removed already:

* Wheels
* Headlights
* Front Number Plate Holder
* Bonnet Struts
* Radiator
* Steering Wheel
* Stereo
* Gearknob
* Boot Struts
* Boot Light
* Battery
* Electric Aerial
* Rear Number Plate Lights
* Rear Suspension Struts

The bonnet, rear spoiler and gorgeous - and totally mint - tan interior :inlove: are all currently listed on eGay, although I'd much prefer to do a deal with a fellow AO member for any of them. :thumbs:

All other parts are up for grabs, please post on here anything you're after.

The car is in Lymm, Cheshire (off J20 of the M6).

Cheers, Baggers.

PS. Here's some pics of the car, off my phone:

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey buddy

Please can I have the front lower slam panel if not too rusty?

Pls let me know cost plus postage, thanks!
Hi Mike

I'll be back with the car on Sunday (away for a wedding in the meantime) and will check / photo rustiness for you.

PS. Not forgotten to send those cam locks! I'll have them in the post to you before I go away.

Cheers, Baggers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Baggers,

I might be interested in the wiper mechanism (if the intermittent worked fine on the car) and perhaps the gearknob, as mine gets sticky when its hot!

Any chance of the photo...

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baggers,

I might be interested in the wiper mechanism (if the intermittent worked fine on the car) and perhaps the gearknob, as mine gets sticky when its hot!

Any chance of the photo...

Cheers,

Matt
Hi Matt

Do you mean the wiper stalk? Or the wiper mechanism (motor and arms etc)? :confused:

I have already bagged the leather gearknob for my own car, although I have an aftermarket shiny metal knob if you would prefer that than a hot sticky knob? :lol:

Cheers, Baggers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Matt

Do you mean the wiper stalk? Or the wiper mechanism (motor and arms etc)? :confused:

I have already bagged the leather gearknob for my own car, although I have an aftermarket shiny metal knob if you would prefer that than a hot sticky knob? :lol:

Cheers, Baggers.
I was meaning more the unit under the scuttle panel - mine has the intermittent intermittent if you get what I mean!!

I know I will regret saying this - but if you have something that fits the gearstick well then let me know what it looks like - sortta saying a knob photo but I better get one which I could imagine palming while changing gear. I just can't rid of the sticky mess on mine...

:vomit:

(I feel a little sick now! LOL!)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
PS. Not forgotten to send those cam locks! I'll have them in the post to you before I go away.
Hold off on the cam-locks for the time being - have discovered this is not a wise method of removing cam pulleys anyway!

I'll let you know when I need them

Cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is the gear lever gaitor and silver trim surround avaliable? if so what condition? If they are unmarked I will take them off your hands for a sensible price!

Oh if you also have the arm rest avaliable my catch has broken

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Baggers
Do you have the following ?
1. Connector that seals the boot seal just above the lock - its a piece of moulded plastic about 2-3 cm long
2. Wiper arm clips - small clips that hold the washer pipe to the actual arm of the wiper
3. Trip reset & dash light adjust button cluster (black)
4. Fuel cap retaining rubber stringy thing (unlikely cos I have never seen one intact after a few months).
5. What are the slam panel & headlight bolts like condition wise ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll take the drivers side check strap (thinggy that holds the door open) if it's in good nick! Message me with any details etc. Cheers!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Cor blimey if you have the aerial (does it work ?) I'm interested, but only cheap cheap as they don't seem to last long:lol:

·
Registered
10,576 Posts
I'll take the drivers side check strap (thinggy that holds the door open) if it's in good nick! Message me with any details etc. Cheers!

The check straps are interchangeable, if you just turn them over......:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 132 Posts