Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,
I currently have two cars a fiat coupe 20vt and a 156 Ti, While I've had a place to park up one it has been working well enough (apart from the cost of course, many threads on this topic I'm sure), I no longer have a place to park up one of them so one has to go, plus I can't really justify the cost of having two cars. I've decide to part with my 156 Ti (very tough decision :cry:), I am looking for a quick sale so if anyone is genuinely interested in a 2004 156 1.8 Ti, I can guarantee a bargain price, I can sell it at a bargain price as my insurance paid out on it for minor damage which I got repaired (replaced bootlid and rear bumper).
More details here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/republic-of-ireland/261914-look-what-i-did.html

The car has been assessed post repair (I have a cert) and is in no way affected by the repair.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a very good 156 Ti at a good price, get in touch.

Oh yeah, timing belt , upper and lower wishbones, drop links and arb bushes have been replaced, 59k miles on the clock.

Maurice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As much as I would love a TI, I can't afford a new car, but I was looking through your photos and noticed that you have a cone air filter fitted. Did this make a difference to the performance or sound? Also, was it necessary just to buy the filter rather than the whole induction kit-as in does the filter go straight onto the standard air pipe?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Schnick,

I bought a K&N 57i-0350 kit which includes the accessories to connect the filter to the inlet pipe just before the MAF, the kit includes a support bracket which fits onto the battery securing bolt and a flexible hose to direct air to the filter from outside the warm environs of the engine bay, I'm sure you could buy just the cone , you will need some way of securing it and getting it a supply of cold air.

Whether it improves performance or not is debatable, I didn't notice much difference, it does add a mild air intake grunt though. The good thing about the filter is that you can clean it and reuse it, but you can get panel filters that are reusable also. I wouldn't spend alot of money on one, can't remember what I paid.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I might know someone interested - PM me the price range you are thinking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts