Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to meet them in a dark alley. I'd give him/her/it extra all right.

Is it just me or are they the most irritating adverts on the box?

They've murdered some perfectly good songs (and some not so good ones) over the past couple of years but the latest corny effort has just finished me off.

I've just cut up my Halifax credit card up and sent it back with a letter telling them that I don't want to be seen to be encouraging them by continuing to use their services.

Rant over.

Off to lie down.

·
Registered
38,250 Posts
Yes they are irritating. I stopped using the Halifax a while ago. Not becasue of the adverts, but because their service was poor..

N

·
0 Posts
Excellent!

If more people did this we wouldn't have to
put up with these Halifax "staff" making
complete knobs of themselves on national TV!

:mad: :mad: :lol: :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
I believe that the "staff" actually are the staff - as I understand it, it's run as an internal scheme that people can sign up to and run in a kind of x-factor type contest to appear in the ads.

I do find them a tad annoying, but nothing even comes close to Tesco for me...

"Tesco, where we'll patronise you, and then tell you we're patronising you. Keep shopping at Tesco, because every little helps. Us." :mad:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that the "staff" actually are the staff - as I understand it, it's run as an internal scheme that people can sign up to and run in a kind of x-factor type contest to appear in the ads.

I do find them a tad annoying, but nothing even comes close to Tesco for me...

"Tesco, where we'll patronise you, and then tell you we're patronising you. Keep shopping at Tesco, because every little helps. Us." :mad:
Now don't get me started on X factor type shows...:mad:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
lol
Hehe they really are the smuggest tw*ts aren't they, the voice-over on those Tesco ads makes me want to scream....

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yup... true !! :rolleyes:

That fecking Howard or woteva his name is has become a celebrity apparently !! :mad: :rant:

N

·
0 Posts
Didn't they have to stop putting the
branches where they worked on the
ads as people kept visiting them to tell
them what a bunch of ****-wits they looked ?

:lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:lol:

B

·
0 Posts
lol
Hehe they really are the smuggest tw*ts aren't they, the voice-over on those Tesco ads makes me want to scream....
So true! I know it is irrational, but I have developed this real hate thing for Tesco. I have not shopped there now for over 2 years as absolutely everything, from the "Club" Card (like I'd want to belong to a club run by Tesco...:rolleyes:) to the irritating "ooh, look how much Sainsbury's are charging for bread - we're 1p cheaper today aren't we great" price cards just drive me up the wall.

I know the other supermarkets are not angels, and they also indulge in the pointless "price comparisons" but somehow Tesco seems to take it (very subtly) to a whole new level of annoying!

What really did it for me though was the "Crucible" debacle, where they were trawling public records for profiling purposes whether or not you were a customer and whether or not you had a Club Card. Yes, I know it was legal, yes I know it was proactive, but it just went that bit (well, quite a bit) too far for me. And if you want them to send you the info they hold on your credit rating, history and electoral status YOU have to pay THEM :rant:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts