Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to to get a good deal on a Mito. (Un)fortunatly we have a 4 year year old Fiesta so no £2000 scrappage deal for us.

Anyone know of any other deals? I know it sounds kinda petty (and I guess it is) but I really don't think I wanna be paying £2000 more than someone else just becuase I haven't got an old banger!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well not using the scrappage scheme has at least one benefit, you can haggle, although I think the Mito is selling well.

Mine was registered in March 99 (spot on), and I get my £2000 for a 143000 mile Ford Focus but I couldn't get the dealer to throw in diddly squat, I'm pleased with the deal overall though :)

Only ordered this week so have about 8-12 weeks to go, good luck and push for discounts, or high trade in etc, etc...

J.

·
Registered
841 Posts
1K is from the government so youre out of luck, though 1K is from Alfa and its effectively a giveaway that everyone should get. (Apparently Alfa didnt want to includ ethe MItO but it was all or nothing for a brand) Key difference is scrappage buyers are effectively cash buyers and you have a trade in to negotiate on. Others on the forum are now claiming reasonable £500 to £1000 discounts on Mitos and thats probably the best available as a private buyer at the moment. Its a great if slightly expensive little car though :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Surely your get a better deal selling the Fiesta privately? an 05 Fiesta has got to be worth more than £2000!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I Just got offered...

A 155 bhp veloch for the same price as I was buying a 120 for...

They have got it spare since someone cancelled.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I Just got offered...

A 155 bhp veloch for the same price as I was buying a 120 for...

They have got it spare since someone cancelled.
Did you bite their hand off? ;)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
aw poor little lad.....pays to be old then :cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
slow is good......and i get to drive the babe there too...specially as shes sooooo cheap to insure:cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
yea but a 95bhp will march me to death slower....

see ...up there for thinkin

down there for dancin:lol:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
1K is from the government so youre out of luck, though 1K is from Alfa and its effectively a giveaway that everyone should get. (Apparently Alfa didnt want to includ ethe MItO but it was all or nothing for a brand) Key difference is scrappage buyers are effectively cash buyers and you have a trade in to negotiate on. Others on the forum are now claiming reasonable £500 to £1000 discounts on Mitos and thats probably the best available as a private buyer at the moment. Its a great if slightly expensive little car though :)
Well, nothing good comes for cheap!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts