Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that will physically fit on the 156 v6?

A nut on the end as per K&N would be so bleatin' useful on the cf3 156 v6s - it would actually make it relatively easy!!

the issue w/ the cf3 for those that don't know is that the heat shield of the pre-cat manifold is pressed right up against the filter, as are piping on the other side... around the actual filter body sides there is NO space for your hands at all... but behind it where the nut would be is all free, so a nutted filter would work perfect...

anyone have any leads?

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i don't have a welder, even if it did i'd be afraid of burning a hole thru the thin filter body...

anyone successfully epoxied on a nut?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Have you not got the correct tool to remove the filter? I can get the filter off my GTA with a filter wrench. :confused:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a band clamp type -total pain... space so tight u have to wiggle the band on with some difficulty... then when that is on, u hardly have any room to properly engage the self-tightening action and loosen/tighten it...

nut on end solves all issues... even starting the filter on the thread with the assistance of a socket...

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I'd just go with the wrench as then you can do all sizes :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts