Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think I got the only one in the country just 2 weeks ago! I was very lucky! Best of luck in your search buddy.

Just out of interest, how bad is the one you want to replace? I am replacing mine. It has a couple of marks, but you could argue that I'm being picky.

If my current one is in better condition than the one you want to change, then I could let you have mine if you struggle to find a replacement?

Just putting that out there as a back up for you.

I'm also replacing the facia around the dials too, which again I was very lucky to get hold of. The one I'm replacing in this case is a bit worse for wear. I'll probably just stick that one on ebay and see what happens!

·
Registered
178 Posts
take a look on the foreign ebay sites where the 159 has been more popular, may have more luck there?

ebay.it
ebay.fr
ebay.de

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys.
Alfred: I'm probably being a bit picky too but the garage I bought the car off said they would replace it but have not been able to. I'm trying to find a replacement for them as they seem to be totally useless at doing anything...mine has a dent and a few scratches but nothing major. Could you send me some pics of yours? It may be better than mine....
Steve

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Has to be said that the aluminium dashboard skin is very fragile and an ill-conceived styling feature. I had the "Titanium finish" with a lightly ribbed finish and even on delivery the pieces on the steering wheel had tiny dents and nicks. The hardness didn't seem much better than Bacofoil and it was so easy to mark, even with a fingernail. If I was replacing the panels I would be tempted to try several coats of clear spray lacquer to try and protect the finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts