Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just managed to get 2 ticket for me & the mrs. to see Roger Waters performing at Earls Court on 12th May - set 1 is old Floyd stuff and some stuff from Waters' solo work. Set 2 is the whole of Dark Side of the Moon :D :D :D :D

Wish I'd seen this advertised sooner as I couldn't justify £200 per ticket for the central floor seats - they were snappd up VERY quickly!!

Oddly enough I saw Roger Waters do his Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking concert donkey's years ago at Earls Court and a friend got me he tickets (he lived here in UK and I lived in Ireland) - and the seat I got was in row 4 :eek: . Woudl have loved that now!

Cheers

Per

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Saw them 35 years ago at the Crystal Palace bowl. Incredible.

B

·
0 Posts
Just managed to get 2 ticket for me & the mrs. to see Roger Waters performing at Earls Court on 12th May - set 1 is old Floyd stuff and some stuff from Waters' solo work. Set 2 is the whole of Dark Side of the Moon :D :D :D :D

Wish I'd seen this advertised sooner as I couldn't justify £200 per ticket for the central floor seats - they were snappd up VERY quickly!!

Oddly enough I saw Roger Waters do his Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking concert donkey's years ago at Earls Court and a friend got me he tickets (he lived here in UK and I lived in Ireland) - and the seat I got was in row 4 :eek: . Woudl have loved that now!

Cheers

Per

Massive fan! You are a lucky, lucky man - enjoy :cool:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, I am jealous - those concerts of the mid to late 70's were the pinnacle of Pink Floyd.

I had a chance to see The Wall at Earls Court, but I was just 16, lived in Ireland, and it came up in between exams (O level's type). Clearly, the folks said NO :rant: :rant: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Per

·
Registered
988 Posts
I saw The Wall at Earls Court in '79 ('80?). I have tried hard to like Pink Floyd but I struggled to enjoy their music. The fanatical approach of some of their fans also out me off.

Actually, it is the same story with Dylan...

·
Registered
204 Posts
ive got a few of their albums, probably the best entertainers of their generation:cool:
and multi-millionaires to boot:) and i believe mr Mason owns a couple of nice ferraris.
dark side of the moon sold 34 million copies worldwide:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Anyone would be difficultly pushed to name a better live guitar solo than gilmours comfortably numb, however rogers waters' vocals are missed.

M

·
0 Posts
yep...luv em...saw them in the middle 90's at wembley arena..awesome...i still think wish you were here is probably the greatest track of all time...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Best band ever.

Going to see Aussie Pink floyd in Plymouth an April.

They played at Dave Gilmour's wedding they are that good.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Not a day goes by for me without listening to Floyd, however only upto 1983. I refuse to accept Pink Floyd is Pink Floyd without Roger Waters.

Favourite album at the moment is ATOM.

Here's a site I am a regular visit to by the way.

www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts