Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just testing the water here guys but im considering (very reluctantly :cry:) to move on my 155. I bought the car July 1999 with 23,000 miles on the clock and i've loved every one of the nigh on 80,000 miles i have driven in her but lack of use and a 156 Gta to drive instead means she rarely turns a wheel and with MOT and tax due shortly now could be the time.

Its tested till mid november and will need discs and pads all round and possibly a couple of tyres to get through. Tax till 31/12 and cambelt last changed at 78,000 (but about 4 years ago).

Really dont know what to do but if she can find a good home i may be persuaded to let her leave.

She's a Nov 96 'P' plate car with a full stainless Powerflow exhaust system fitted about 6 yrs (and 25,000 or so miles) ago and a spare set of matching alloys.

Here are a few recent pics taken this summer :inlove:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice original looking car you have. I'd say keep it. you'll regret selling it.
I know mate but the lack of use isn't helping her and maybe its time for someone else to enjoy her ;)

I'll have to speak to my local indie and see what it would cost to get her through the MOT next month and that might sway me either way.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
I know a few people that might be interested, but the first question they'll ask is "what's the lowest you'd take for it"...

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
What are you thinking of selling it for, ballpark? I'll let them know.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well guys as there has been no interest it seems the only thing left to do at the end of the month is scrap her :cry:

Surely someone wants to save her from such an unsavoury end :(

Im open to offers guys and im not looking for a fortune as id much rather see her go to a good home than the big scrapyard in the sky!!

Go on get yourself an early christmas pressie :D

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Ebay? Have you tried sticking an advert up on Pistonheads?

Scrap is right down at the moment, all garages weigh their scrap in this time of year to fund the Christmas parties, you'll not get much over a hundred quid if you drive it there and much less if you get it collected.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Someone on 155.org is looking for one at the moment - I'll tell them about this, but I think they are "darn sarf", so it might be too far.

Does seem too bonny to scrap, but sadly without MOT it isn't going to be worth much.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Whereabouts are you in County Durham? I'm not to far away, giving it some thought as I used to have a 1996 155 I liked. Don't do anything rash like scrapping it yet, I'm having the familiar heart/head battle.....

·
Banned
530 Posts
Does seem to nice to be broken,it always helps to put a price.To be honest that will sell it,if it is common sense in your asking price,and surely if you like the car that much,you should move it on too someone and give it a chance depending rust issue's.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Surely someone will buy it for more than you'd scrap it? It looks too good to scrap.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whereabouts are you in County Durham? I'm not to far away, giving it some thought as I used to have a 1996 155 I liked. Don't do anything rash like scrapping it yet, I'm having the familiar heart/head battle.....
The car is in newton aycliffe just outside of darlington and available to view almost whenever really if you're interested mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does seem to nice to be broken,it always helps to put a price.To be honest that will sell it,if it is common sense in your asking price,and surely if you like the car that much,you should move it on too someone and give it a chance depending rust issue's.
The only rust on the car is on the rear arches, the rest of the car is genuinely rust free apart fron a tiny stone chip on the roof.

The rear arches were resprayed a few years ago but to be honest the guy didn't seem to do a great job and the rust has come back through unfortunately but its not too bad to rescue.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The car is in newton aycliffe just outside of darlington and available to view almost whenever really if you're interested mate :thumbs:
I'm in Redcar but will struggle get there before Saturday AM, though afternoons mebby possible, I'll have see work 1st. I'd rather see in daylight but not vital. Has the MOT expired now? I take it MOT aside it drives ok, won't need a trailer.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm in Redcar but will struggle get there before Saturday AM, though afternoons mebby possible, I'll have see work 1st. I'd rather see in daylight but not vital. Has the MOT expired now? I take it MOT aside it drives ok, won't need a trailer.
PM sent :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Did he buy it? Did he buy it?

You can't scrap it just for a weedy disc brake...? :eek:

Ralf S.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts