Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some very nasty weather about currently. I really feel for those living in the more northern extremes of the UK.

Thankfully it's been pretty tame in the south west, with about 40 mph gusts being the height of it.....but I think we are getting our share on Monday....50-60 mph gusts.

Somehow the Alfa's car cover has remained intact....and the plastic roofing on the utility room is still in one piece, thankfully it's quite well sheltered, but it's easy to dismiss the vacuum effect that wind has as it passes over things.

Anyhow, I hope you are all safe, and keep those hatches battened down:thumbs:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Son got sent home from school at lunchtime, the police issued a "please don't drive between 2pm and 9pm" statement so my work started to send people home. We just sent them out to be gridlocked for 1-2 hours as roads were chocca due to bridges over The Forth being shut. I went home at usuall time and done it in my usuall 20 minutes as roads had started to move again.

Was heading home to set up my new Sky+HD box which arrived today, only to find i have no satellite signal :cry:- and i aint climbing a ladder in that to check the dish cables. I wouldn't put a dog out in that :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son got sent home from school at lunchtime, the police issued a "please don't drive between 2pm and 9pm" statement so my work started to send people home. We just sent them out to be gridlocked for 1-2 hours as roads were chocca due to bridges over The Forth being shut. I went home at usuall time and done it in my usuall 20 minutes as roads had started to move again.

Was heading home to set up my new Sky+HD box which arrived today, only to find i have no satellite signal :cry:- and i aint climbing a ladder in that to check the dish cables. I wouldn't put a dog out in that :thumbs:
I don't blame you.....SKY TV isn't worth being blown into the neighbours garden for.
Take care up there :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
After last night's curry, everyone at work was affected by my wind today :cheese:

Not been bad here weather wise, cold, windy and wet as per usual :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After last night's curry, everyone at work was affected by my wind today :cheese:

Not been bad here weather wise, cold, windy and wet as per usual :rolleyes:
I was expecting HM to jump in before anyone else regarding 'wind':lol:

*no offense HM;)*

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't blame you.....SKY TV isn't worth being blown into the neighbours garden for.
Take care up there :thumbs:

At least I hope it's the cables at the dish end (old Sky box was playing up and completely chucked it Today) and not the dish out of alignment. Or I'll need to get a "skyman" out to re-align, oh well that will teach me to try and save some sheckles by choosing "self set-up" :cry:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Nothing to speak of in Manchester yet, but its building up...

I worry about some of my erections in high winds :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes.

Trying to get back to Milton Keynes from Edinburgh. Been on the train 5 hours already and still 2 hours away on a journey that should have taken 4hours.

Weather up there was atrocious. Local trains in disarray, bridges closed and traffic in turmoil. We went to a meeting in a Range Rover and it was being blown all over the place, vans and buses were in all sorts if trouble.

·
Registered
11,451 Posts
I swept up some leaves in my front garden yesterday (well ok the wife did) and now they're all over the place again:rant::rant::rant:.

I've called the fire brigade hours ago and there (sic) still not here yet:tut:
I blame that David Cameron:rant::rant::rant:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing to speak of in Manchester yet, but its building up...

I worry about some of my erections in high winds :lol:
Don't we all mate!

OOoh never trust a Sky man......mind you don't trust a virgin man either....well you know what I mean :lol:

Bit of a blow on here today...not me :rolleyes: But curry on the menu tomorrow eve so it could be :lol:

Rotten heavy rain intermittently tho YUK :(
At least the wind will help to clear the air:D

Blowing a gale up the top of Leith Hill.
I advise to stay at the bottom then!

Yes.

Trying to get back to Milton Keynes from Edinburgh. Been on the train 5 hours already and still 2 hours away on a journey that should have taken 4hours.

Weather up there was atrocious. Local trains in disarray, bridges closed and traffic in turmoil. We went to a meeting in a Range Rover and it was being blown all over the place, vans and buses were in all sorts if trouble.
Maud was being blown around a bit this evening....and we have it easy!

Fairly windy but torrential rain more of a problem here while driving earlier on narrow country roads.
How's your hair my dear??;)

Calm and quite down here, although it was raining on the way home from work.
Good news:D

I swept up some leaves in my front garden yesterday (well ok the wife did) and now they're all over the place again:rant::rant::rant:.

I've called the fire brigade hours ago and there (sic) still not here yet:tut:
I blame that David Cameron:rant::rant::rant:
Start a petition!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i grew up on the coast in north west wales. you lot wanna grow some balls and go there to experience some REAL wind :p
100 mph winds ripped down a whole wood in Torquay back in '89....I'm used to natures harsher side.:eek:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i remember that storm - i met a guy from sevenoaks who said he was hving to change his address to 'no' oaks :lol:

there are very few trees where i grew up and the few there are are small and bent over

why am i waffling?

i've no idea :lol:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts