Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody please explain what is the 167 version of the Alfa 155 1.8 8V? I found one on sale. It is specified as an Alfa Romeo 167 in German registration documents. The power indicated in those is 93 KW, top speed 193 km/h. Also has 205/50 VR15 wheels fitted on it, but nothing much else.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
After a quick search, i think that 167 refers to the internal Alfa designation for the 155, in the same way that 116 refers to the last of the Giuliettas.
I'm more than happy to be proved wrong though

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since there's nothing special about that Alfa I looked at, it has to be an internal code. Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
should you ever got to China (I think it's China), don't be surprised to find a 164 badged as a 168. In Cantonese (I think), 164 means evil demon child or something, so the car got re-badged as a 168. Fascinating!

g

·
AO Member, Sud/Sprint/33 Lounge Winner 09
349 Posts
The exact translation for of the 164 in Chinese is- 'One way to death'.You should have heard me laughing when i found out i was driving a one way to death machine.Even more funny when i told the girlfriend-her response- 'with your driving that sounds about right'.Ha ha.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The best bit is when you find out what 168 means ...."If you don't mind, the closer meaning of "168" is: "( I AM ) ON MY WAY
TO BECOME FILTHY RICH ! "

There's even a register for the 168

W

·
0 Posts
it goes something like....."man who wants everyone to think he's on the way to being filthy rich"

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Yup, sounds about right

I'm told it gives a more accurate desciption of the driver.

wrinx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts