Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another forum that Benfield Newcastle are ceasing to be a Fiat dealer. Anyone heard if this is true? I wonder if there will be any knock on to the Alfa dealership. If they lost or gave up the Alfa dealership would it have any effect on third year warranties? :confused:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I've heard rumours over the past year or so but nothing recently.

R

·
0 Posts
All the comments I have read and heard so far have been negative so if they were to close, would anyone lose any sleep?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The guy who owns benfield fought tooth and nail to keep the marque a few years back when Brian Lyle tried to reclaim it. I drive by it every morning and they have just put new motors in what used to be the alfa showroom. The rumours in the trade are that the bodyshop will be moving and the Alfa showroom willl be growing. it may be moving into fiats old site next door but its going to get bigger. Got an inteview at benfield Skoda on tuesday so I'll ask the question and keep you informed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I rang parts to get downpipe gasket and said could get one but needed to pay by card but was at work so said would ring next day to pay etc, rang and got no answer from parts and said would call me back,no answer the next 3 days so gave up and got it elsewhere.
Utterly crap.:rant:

R

·
0 Posts
I rang parts to get downpipe gasket and said could get one but needed to pay by card but was at work so said would ring next day to pay etc, rang and got no answer from parts and said would call me back,no answer the next 3 days so gave up and got it elsewhere.
Utterly crap.:rant:
Sounds about right.

Try SG Petch in Darlington, Wentanes or FAST in Stockton on Tees.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Hoping & praying that Benfield cease to exist asap. The bloke I bought my GTV off begged me not to take it there. Didn't have to worry - previous Fiat ownership had long convinced me that they are utterly incompetent money-grabbing waste of space.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but Benfield HAVE kept the Alfa Franchise and are about to build a new Alfa showroom on Portland Road in Newcastle!

R

·
0 Posts
If they've got the go ahead to build a new showroom it would seem not :rolleyes:
More's the pity.

I got a poor response from both their respective parts and sales departments recently; in fact I got the impression they couldn't really be bothered to sell either;

1. Spare parts and/or,

2. Cars.

That leaves us at the mercies of Alexanders, unless you fancy a drive to Ripon.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
More's the pity.

I got a poor response from both their respective parts and sales departments recently; in fact I got the impression they couldn't really be bothered to sell either;

1. Spare parts and/or,

2. Cars.

Have to say that i've had nothing but excellent service from both the sales and parts dept at Alexanders so far! :thumbs:

·
Registered
644 Posts
More's the pity.

1. Spare parts and/or,

2. Cars.

Why whats at Ripon?

R

·
0 Posts
Have to say that i've had nothing but excellent service from both the sales and parts dept at Alexanders so far! :thumbs:
I was referring to Benfield.

Never bothered with Alexanders and I avoid dealers (and their prices) whenever possible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts