Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after much procrastonating I have decided on BBS LM alloys for my GTV. I intend on buying some replicas and wondered if anyone has them on their car and can recommend anywhere to get some?

This means I'll be selling my 16" Teledials if anyone wants them soon.

It was a close call between the LM and 17" teles, but I saw them on a TT yesterday and they looked AMAZING!

Also, what do you think 17/18 inch?

·
Registered
95 Posts
LM's are my favourite wheel but are almost in the catergory of 'been done to death' especially in the VW crowd which is where my roots are.
Lovely wheel though and im sure they will look stunning on a GTV, pretty sure someone on here has got a set fitted to one.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yep, very nice wheels. I would think 18's with 225x40 rubber should fit OK and look the dogs nads.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting you say they've been done to death. Until a month ago I have never really noticed them! My ideal would be Zender Milanos, but these have the same mid 90s feel about the design which I love.

Seeing and 90% of my driving is in London I think 18" would be ok (i.e. the ride will still be fine)

N

·
0 Posts
I really like the 17" teledials, but as said above it's difficult to find a decent set for sensible money.

I keep looking at these BBS replicas, they go for 700.00 in 18" with Falkens. Not a bad deal I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
That really is a good deal for 18s and tyres. Great looking set of wheels too, where did you find them if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still prefer the LM model. My sister has an Audi TT with 18" wheels and the ride is firm but fine... Everyone keeps telling me to get 17" from a functional purpose, but how can lots of Golfs and TTs manage fine with 18"?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guess its all to do with the height/profile of the tyre. As standard golfs and tts may come with thicker tyres mainly for comfort reasons.
I can say I did notice the difference on my last car going from a 16" with 205/50 tyre to a 17" with 205/40 tyre. (205/50 having 102.5mm height sidewall and 205/40 being 82mm, so you have 20mm less cushioning between you and the road, more noticeable with lowering.) So it may be the same going 17"-18"

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My dad has a lexus IS200 Sport with 215/40/R18 League Tantrum alloys on it and the ride is absolutly fine,no problems whatsoever. Couple of dents in the alloys though,but thats with the old dear driving :rolleyes:

·
Registered
458 Posts
ppl do have gtvs with 19 inch wheels on;

so it does all depend on the owners perception of comfort vs looks

im sure 18s would be fine, and is what i would go for if i were to upgrade from 17 teles

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Interesting you say they've been done to death. Until a month ago I have never really noticed them! My ideal would be Zender Milanos, but these have the same mid 90s feel about the design which I love.
:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi, those alloys you choose are very nice. and about the change to 17 or 18 do it a favor to you, keep the 16, if you change it you will find the car a little loose and the brakes different, but more imprtant the confort of the ride becomes harsh.please keep 16, find some good 225/50 tires and continue to be happy. the change its not worth.good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts