Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new temp gauge stat sensor for my car, a 1998 156 2.5 V6. The dealer quoted me £35 for the part - this sounds like a complete ripoff so I thought better to ask someone here if they have one or know where I might get one.

Any help is much appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:lol: £35 bargain ... the dealer quoted £87+VAT for my car ... (that included a new sender too ...)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
I'm after one of the sensors though, they don't come on the thermostat unit for 2.5 V6's.
Don't come with a TS thermostat either ... you have to buy them separately ... :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't come with a TS thermostat either ... you have to buy them separately ... :(
My new TS Thermostat came with a temp sender - it was a Behr unit. I therefore have the old sender going spare, but probably not a lot of use to the OP as it's a) for a 2.0TS and b) 12000 miles away.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've suggesed before - often worth goint to a Fiat Dealer for some parts (as they use the same parts bins with Alfas) bought a genuine TS sensor for a little under £15 a couple of weeks ago. Eper helps with part numbers across the ranges...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got my new sensor fitted now. Now I no longer have problems with my temp gauge light coming on prematurely!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts