Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

Is it Baravalle or Kalbfel these days? Who knows!

Anyway, today, I received what could be loosley described as a response to a complaint letter I sent Alfa UK over my speedo replacement (and loss of 8826 miles) and the fact I've not received my warranty documentation yet.

On 11th Sept at Gaydon, Roland Ellison (Alfa UK's senior marketing guy) told me that the stealer (Guest in Knowle) should have corrected my mileage following the recall replacement (4774) and by not doing so they had acted illegally. Guest stated that the could do the work but were not funded by Alfa to do so so it doesn't get done :mad:

The warranty department of Alfa UK has on three occaisions told me that my card & paperwork has been sent out but I've never received it.

I wrote my complaint letter on 16th September and have waited until today for a crappy response that tells me basically tough re. the mileage as it's recorded in my service book and on the stealer network computers. Also, re the warranty docs & card, I don't need them.

In my letter I asked that if they couldn't provide me with a satisfactory answer I'd write to KHK for his views. Also, as a subscriber to Autoexpress, I'd involve watchdog. This has had no effect so I'm taking it to the next step!!

Sorry for the long post this time of the morning but if anyone knows the address I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

·
Banned
716 Posts
In a previous post I've given the Alfa address in Italy. I don't know it so you'd be best searching for it but it's defintitely here somewhere.

Address a copy to Kalbfell and a copy to the other director. As it's going out of the UK, I'd send both via courier so that the receipient or their PA have to sign for it. Also send copies of the same letter to Alfa UK and the manager of Guest in Knowle, with a note at the top listing the names of all receipients. I would wait until receiving a response from Italy before contacting Watchdog, but do mention that you are planning to involve some consumer rights organisations if this matter is not resolved quickly to your complete satisfaction. Don't make too much of a point about it, just ensure that it's mentioned and is clear.

Good Luck,

DC

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
technically you don't needyour warranty documents and card. I have them for this car but it is the first Ive ever had them for and i had two lots of warranty work done before recieving them.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi.

An update.

I'll avoid using the "L" word for Alfa UK's senior marketing man (as I had a rollocking on the AROC forum for that) but nedless to say he denied stating that what my dealer had done with my speedo was illegal, despite witnesses being present! The temptation to use the "C" word to describe him is eating away at me but I'll exercise restraint!

What hope have UK dealers got when ARUK senior staff have bad memories?? Watchdog here I come!

Cheers,

Simon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts