Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though the OEM pipes still have a bit of life left in them, I'm considering buying a Vortex exhaust system for the Spider.

Partly cos, well, stainless steel, and partly cos I'm hoping the emissions may lower and hence stop me being clobbered quite so hard by the lovely road tax folk. My only concern is how the Vortex will sound - anyone got any experience they can share?

Thanks!

(And yes, it was that damn Floppy Haired One from Wheeler Dealers that first brought Vortex to my attention!)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Though the OEM pipes still have a bit of life left in them, I'm considering buying a Vortex exhaust system for the Spider.

Partly cos, well, stainless steel, and partly cos I'm hoping the emissions may lower and hence stop me being clobbered quite so hard by the lovely road tax folk. My only concern is how the Vortex will sound - anyone got any experience they can share?

Thanks!

(And yes, it was that damn Floppy Haired One from Wheeler Dealers that first brought Vortex to my attention!)
I've since been advised that the DVLA use the manufacturer's figures for particulate output.
Even if you can prove your emissions are less than the manufacturer's figures the DVLA won't reduce the road fund. Grrrrrrr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts