Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few years away from owning an Alfa I'm looking to return and buy a 2.0L TS GTV and I wondered if anyone one on this forum has one for sale.

My main requirements are that it should have had the cambelt done in the last year or so,have the suspension sorted, the usual pile of receipts and a lot of MOT left. Ideally it will be black or silver but I'm happy to look at other colours if the cars is well maintained. I'll pay the going rate, although I'm honestly not sure what that is now. When I sold my Spider 3 years ago they were giving GTVs away but prices now seem all over the place so some guidance would be great as well. I live in South Yorkshire so somewhere relatively local would be great but I'm happy to travel.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the "going rate" for 2.0 ts? It seems to be ANOTHER one that has fallen into the 'it's old, therefore it's a future classic, let me add premium to it.' Alot of inflation from dealers. I've seen 3.0l going for 7-8k.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Runner with MOT about £750, a nice one about £1500. Spiders a bit more.
You know what, that seems quite fair actually. Maybe it's only the 3.0l and 3.2l that have shot up. Is that 100k miles on the clock or can you still get below 80k for that money (phase 2)? So to keep annoying, just getting a picture.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never thought of looking at Gumtree. There looks to be a good one not to far from me. 2003 under 50k miles cambelt recently done. From the pictures it looks immaculate. Any idea about a reasonable price if it's as described.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
My 99 blue TS will be up for sale a little later this year. It will be mechanically sound with a fresh MOT, Timing belt and rear engine mount. Recent clutch and powerflexed rear.

The only problem is the bodywork is very shabby. Parking dings all over the doors, the bonnet looks like it has been cleaned with a scouring pad and the rear 1/4 has had a bad paint reaction. I won't be asking even close to top dollar but I won't be giving it away either.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I never thought of looking at Gumtree. There looks to be a good one not to far from me. 2003 under 50k miles cambelt recently done. From the pictures it looks immaculate. Any idea about a reasonable price if it's as described.
That looks nice but £2800 is a bit steep, nearly 3 times the glasgow one. Sadly or not, depending on whether youre a buyer or a seller, never seen one sell privately for more than £1500.

·
Registered
897 Posts
That looks nice but £2800 is a bit steep, nearly 3 times the glasgow one. Sadly or not, depending on whether youre a buyer or a seller, never seen one sell privately for more than £1500.
Which is a shame and why I'm not selling mine for peanuts, that and I love it .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 99 blue TS will be up for sale a little later this year. It will be mechanically sound with a fresh MOT, Timing belt and rear engine mount. Recent clutch and powerflexed rear.

The only problem is the bodywork is very shabby. Parking dings all over the doors, the bonnet looks like it has been cleaned with a scouring pad and the rear 1/4 has had a bad paint reaction. I won't be asking even close to top dollar but I won't be giving it away either.
I'll keep an eye out for when you're looking to sell it. There are not many around and most seem a little beaten up. I think most owners are hanging on to the well maintained ones. After you've paid thousands on maintenance you don't want to give it away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts