Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone have a cure for fading Alfa badges? I am getting the ones on my GTV replaced while Gonnella Brothers are doing some other stuff on it. A mate of mine suggested a couple of coats of yacht varnish; would this work?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
You could leave your car in a dark garage for ever :lol:

Don't think there is a cure, it's just the way they are, I use it a a guide when looking at an older car, if the badges are new then chances are the owner cares about it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
sorry for being rude, but they normally take about 4 years to noticible fade, to replace front and rear badge costs just around 50 quid

so really if u can save 13 quid a year, i would rather do that than risk ruining a perfectly new one

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
sorry for being rude, but they normally take about 4 years to noticible fade, to replace front and rear badge costs just around 50 quid

so really if u can save 13 quid a year, i would rather do that than risk ruining a perfectly new one

:thumbs:
Just cant resist the temptation of getting people to spend their hard earnt can you ICB!:)

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
G

·
Hi, does anyone have a cure for fading Alfa badges? I am getting the ones on my GTV replaced while Gonnella Brothers are doing some other stuff on it. A mate of mine suggested a couple of coats of yacht varnish; would this work?
I always apply a generous coat of Autoglym SRP to both badges when polishing the car.

Giving it the full wax treatment 2-3 times a year seems to work.

When it was time to sell the 156 after seven years, the badges were virtually pristine.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Rule number 1 keep the car out of the sun. If you have a choice of parking in the sun or the shade always put it in the shade.

I actually make sure my car is always in the shade whenever I can. Ill drive round the block twice to find a park in shade if necessary. This not only protects your badge but everything else on the car, like paint, leather, red brake calipers, black plastic, dashboard etc etc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts