Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a contact at FCSA parts? Theo can you maybe help?How does the parts ordering process work?

I want to order a whole load of 916 Spider parts but Chatz parts tells me they're not sure if they can get some of the parts and they'll have to check with the factory. I've checked on the newest version of EPER I can find. It lists the 4C and 500L so I'm pretty sure it's reasonably upto date. All the parts I've ordered show as orderable on this version of EPER. However Chatz can't confirm they're actually available until the factory has come back to them. They can give me a price but not a firm answer on the availability of the parts. How does that work???

·
Registered
115 Posts
You are on the right track, stay on it with Chatz, we will feedback the info to them. If you wish to get direct feedback call 0800 alfasa and leave a message for a parts planner to contact you. T.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theo thank you for the info:thumbup: I'll wait for a response from Chatz before contacting a parts planner

·
Registered
7,634 Posts

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
alfisti.net
EB spares
and a few others.. all ship to SA

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I've ordered parts for the GTV from a dealer. I gave them the part no. up front (from Eper) they gave me a price; i paid & the parts arrived in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've ordered parts for the GTV from a dealer. I gave them the part no. up front (from Eper) they gave me a price; i paid & the parts arrived in a few weeks.
Avi that's what I tried to do yesterday. They couldn't confirm the parts where available. In fairness they aren't parts people would buy very often (trim etc)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Master Paul alfisti.net are top notch!!! I mailed them last night with a request for the parts pricing at 10pm. i received confirmation that ALL the parts are available and they gave me prices. Some of the smaller items are much cheaper than I expected. Some of the larger ones are more expensive than expected but they're all there.

If Chatz comes back and says the parts aren't available I'll be very disappointed!

You really can't beat the Germans for efficiency.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I've got quotes from alfisti.net and EBspares. Both confirm ALL parts are available from the factory. So far alfisti is the cheaper of the two.

STILL waiting for Chatz to come back. According to them the holdup is with FCSA:irked:

Theo can you assist please?? It's a bit ridiculous that 2 overseas independents have come back with pricing and availability but the local dealer is held up by the in-country parent.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Held up by the parent?
Apologies. Poor wording on my part.
The guys at Chatz are waiting for a response from a lady at FCSA on stock availability from Italy. Unfortunately I'd forgotten to make a note of her name. They were going to copy me on an email to her but I haven't received anything as yet.

Should I be calling the helpline?

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
this is my point. we try support local but they make it hard for themselves. my parts from shop4parts took 7 working days including customs. to add insult to injury, the parts were original alfa parts in the packaging

cost local vs import

thermostat 750+vat vs 350
front badge 495+vat vs 229
fog lamp 950 vs 268 (not original alfa part)

i go today to ask for front bearings for a 156 i get

1100 per side local and 488 imported.. so guess what im doing...

i told them today that this is my last alfa and they laughed.. after owning a gt,147 gta, 3 x 159, mito, giulietta 1750, 156, abarth 500, abarth 500 cab and a scorpione i am done with Alfa.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Kaaaaaakakkaakaka....done with Alfa??? You sound like that Lance guy!

I ordered my water bottle for GTA from the same place, was cheaper and faster. So, I heard when I was at the racing that stuff like this will be sorted out...lets see.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
How long have we been hearing the same song. I know what I want next and end of year I will

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
What? You know I went down this road. Let me paint a picture for you. You are SO fedup with poor service...as that's what drives you away from the brand, the service...not the actual cars. Then you start speaking to your friends and wife and they all agree...yes go look at something else, then before you actually start opening the Gumtree or Autotrader app on your phone, you're reminded by everyone at work and your wife and kids that you are an ALFA driver...then you feel like youre cheating.

You go further even though warnings were given and you start searching for cars that fancy you and your budget. You even go as far as reading reviews, test drives and then you realize when you have actually been granted a good trade on a brand new car...all that is waiting is for you to take your car and fetch the other car that is not an Alfa...and you can't bring yourself to do it.

This is the cycle...enjoy it.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Dance over. I know what I want

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So I still haven't got a response on availability or pricing from Chatz:furious:

Apparently the hold up is at the factory in Italy. Someone at head office is not doing their flipping job!

What sucks for Chatz and AR-SA in general is my brother was in the market for a new car after loosing his company car just this week!
He was interested in a new Giulietta but after hearing of all this nonsense and having seen the issues I've had over the years with parts availability he decided to go with something else.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Told you so

1 - 20 of 44 Posts