Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Happy new year.

I have another Alfa itch I wish to scratch, and it's in the form of a 3.2 TI facelift 166.

Does anyone on here actually own one?

Anyone on here want to sell it?

Let me know chaps - M3 EVO is selling and I need another car!

Cheers

Rez

N

·
0 Posts
Yep, ive got one too - and agree, love the look, brilliant engine and im not selling it!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I might well be selling mine later in 2012. Anything over 3 litres now costs around 1500 pounds to tax per year in Ireland, so either I change down to a smaller engine or get a VXR8 - less tax per litre!. Best of luck. Great cars.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Ah the joys of EU scamming govenrments :( thank god we live in britain

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ah the joys of EU scamming govenrments :( thank god we live in britain
We can't blame the EU for this one Joss, this was all our own idea to penalise large engine owners.

A new diesel fiesta is less that 100 to tax, since new cars are on the CO2 rating system.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
We can't blame the EU for this one Joss, this was all our own idea to penalise large engine owners.

A new diesel fiesta is less that 100 to tax, since new cars are on the CO2 rating system.
:confused:
So is it as dear to tax cars in the nortrh as it is in the south? IE GB EU.

So why is it called EUROPEAN ON BOARD DIAGNOSIS AND NUT UOBD?

I thought ,perhaps mistakenly that it was the old U S of A that started the whole emissions chain.

Pomeo

·
Registered
754 Posts
I thought ,perhaps mistakenly that it was the old U S of A that started the whole emissions chain.
You're right. It was California first with anti smog laws. California cars had to have all sorts of smog pumps and cats and junk stuffed on them in the very early 80s. In Europe, the Swiss were the first.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The north of Ireland is a seperate jurisdiction for road tax (and other matters, obviously).

South of the border, any car younger than around 2008, I think, comes under the CO2 rating tax, which can be very cheap for dullsville small diesels. Cars first registered up till then are taxed based on cubic capacity, and the max rate is hit when you exceed 2999 cc.

Our petrol costs the equivalent of around 20 of your British pence less per litre, so it could be said you lads end up paying just as much tax as us, but at the pumps.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The north of Ireland is a seperate jurisdiction for road tax (and other matters, obviously).

South of the border, any car younger than around 2008, I think, comes under the CO2 rating tax, which can be very cheap for dullsville small diesels. Cars first registered up till then are taxed based on cubic capacity, and the max rate is hit when you exceed 2999 cc.

Our petrol costs the equivalent of around 20 of your British pence less per litre, so it could be said you lads end up paying just as much tax as us, but at the pumps.
Yes but we can choose to drive the car less where as you either drive it or don't if it isn't taxed :( There is no middle ground. I'd love your car but too many alfa's ATM and all that :lol:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes but we can choose to drive the car less where as you either drive it or don't if it isn't taxed :( There is no middle ground. I'd love your car but too many alfa's ATM and all that :lol:
Agreed. Taxing fuel addresses all the concerns of congestion, road use, CO2 emissions, other emissions, fuel supply and security, equitable taxing, etc.

Taxing someone because they happen to own a nice big engine is just mean.

·
Registered
599 Posts
For the record i pay £240 annual road tax and 128.7p per litre (Asda) here in N.Ireland.

As Peter Griffin would say "it's a steal"

Hami

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gents

Interesting tales here.

I have been looking and simply cannot find a private car. Ideally, it would be 1 owner from new.

I regret not buying a silver 1 owner car about 3 years ago. Nice chap, full dealer history (not sure if that's a good thing). Managed to get a new gearbox and clutch out of warranty! I think he sold it to those Veloce people and it was later at 10K! He offered it to me for £5500.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts