Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
4,362 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh, so it seems you can buy parts from the maragoni mito from there?

being basesd in italy do you think they will ship to the uk?

i suppose i can only try

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
ahh, so it seems you can buy parts from the maragoni mito from there?

being basesd in italy do you think they will ship to the uk?

i suppose i can only try
You can view the products on the site but cannot buy online at the moment

I got the rear diffuser and side skirts from them a month back, postage is a bit
pricey mind (90 euro) but well packaged.

If you find a part you want and have a Paypal account, they can raise a money
order with them .
There are other options available but you need to watch you don't get stung
on the exchange rate like I did with Paypal :(

You can download the MiTo parts and price list btw :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im going to wait untill i can get a body kit thats a fair bit cheaper then all the current ones, especialy the factory body kit.

however i really want a decent air intake still. i emailed that compant but no responce yet.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If it's not a BMC, it's something cheaper of the same ilk.

I don't like the flexible intake hose at all. Those corrugations will cause a large boundary layer, reducing the effctive crossection and increasing gas speed and losses, presenting the turbo a lower intake pressure, which means it needs to run a higher PR to give the same output flow. Not good.

A K&N 57i bolted onto the OE inlet stub would produce better power across the range... :rolleyes:

If i was trying to do something with a BMC, i'd just use lengths of generic mulit-layer 3" silicone hose with joiners to connect it to the turbo inlet.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yer im after a purpose built one really, that is tailored to the mito. mabye a nice carbon fibre.

would be prepared to pay up to 300 i guess

·
Registered
339 Posts
yer im after a purpose built one really, that is tailored to the mito. mabye a nice carbon fibre.

would be prepared to pay up to 300 i guess
The one you linked isn't purpose built for the Mito. Nothing ever will be really. All you will ever have is an off the shelf filter unit and it'll just be the installation kit (any pipe / joiners) that will be specific to the car. It's really a doddle to do yourself if you take a few hours.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah yer thats what i ment mate, specific fittings for the car.

i know you pointed out the universal apollo etc however i am a machanical mong and wouldnt want to bodge anything on my car, as it would probably cause more harm then good :)

also the carbon air box by monza, i think its just the same size as the standard but just looks cool?

they do offer silicon hoses, not 100% sure on what that actualy means or does thou

·
Registered
573 Posts
they do offer silicon hoses, not 100% sure on what that actualy means or does thou
someone more knowledgeable may correct me (are monza on here?) but i think the monza box on the carbonio is:

- K&N panel filter
- silicone cold air feed (a direct hose that feeds the filter colder air)
- custom-made carbon airbox

sounds good too - loud but not too loud so that you sound like a ned

i'm not sure if they have just adapted the current plastic feed that runs from the front grille to the air box or added another that feeds the cold air from lower down - i cannot tell from the pictures, and didn't look that closely when there.

out of interest who did you deal with at monza? emailed bryn but have still had no reply

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yer always delt with bryn, i have emailed him also so i guess he is on holiday as no reply also.

i have a replacement air filter in my stock airbox which sounds much better then the origonal however im not sure if the carbon version by monza is actualy any bigger, and therefore more air.

yer not sure about what the silicon hoses are actualy doing also?

hopefuly someone will find out lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
cool thanks

brief bit of research on the hoses - here and here

it seems that silicone hoses might have minimal benefit for the actual airboxes since it is mainly their properties under pressure and heat that make them more efficient, although airflow is better due to smoother surfaces.

that said the better insulating properties of silicone might help keep the air entering the airbox cooler since the current intake passes right past the very hot turbo.

ask monza though

·
Registered
339 Posts
The OE panel filter size is too small, so if Monza have gone to the trouble of developing a carbon airbox, i hope they specced a larger panel! The standard filter size for my MPS would be perfect for example.

If there is a genuine gap in the market, i may design a simple bolt on kit...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts