Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about changing the head unit in my GT (Pioneer MP55 at present) and was wondering if anyone had fitted a double din touch screen unit in theres?

Are there fascia adaptor plates available to fit such units?

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I am thinking about changing the head unit in my GT (Pioneer MP55 at present) and was wondering if anyone had fitted a double din touch screen unit in theres?

Are there fascia adaptor plates available to fit such units?
Yes to both questions, see f.i.:

2 din unit

Unit in the pics is from Kenwood.

Alfa Netherlands is now giving the option in the business edition of the 159 and 147 to install the Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT unit ...

Facia's are available from numerous places, such as Blaupunkt, and f.i. here:

facia

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic:D Just what I was looking for...thanks jwq:cool:

·
Registered
757 Posts
The problem you will have is all th efascia's (double and single) I have seen are silver in colour, fine for a 147, not fine for the graphite coloured consoles of the 147GTA's ?

What colour is the GT console ?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem you will have is all th efascia's (double and single) I have seen are silver in colour, fine for a 147, not fine for the graphite coloured consoles of the 147GTA's ?

What colour is the GT console ?
The GT is a slightly different shade of silver compared to the 147 I think (not the grey in the GTA though).

I have the single din fascia adaptor in at the moment and, as you say, it is a different colour and it bugs the hell out fo me:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the single din fascia adaptor in at the moment and, as you say, it is a different colour and it bugs the hell out fo me:(
Surprises me. I suppose that the problem is the (third party?) single din fascia adaptor that just doesn't match the original Alfa colour.
I'm driving a GT and my girlfiriend is driving a 147.
Some months ago we ordered 2 official Alfa-iPod consoles to replace the cup/card-holders. Exactly the same part number, exactly the same colour. Fitted one in the 147 and one in the GT. Colour matches in both the GT and the 147.

Eric

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surprises me. I suppose that the problem is the (third party?) single din fascia adaptor that just doesn't match the original Alfa colour.
I'm driving a GT and my girlfiriend is driving a 147.
Some months ago we ordered 2 official Alfa-iPod consoles to replace the cup/card-holders. Exactly the same part number, exactly the same colour. Fitted one in the 147 and one in the GT. Colour matches in both the GT and the 147.

Eric

As you say, I think it is more of a third party colour issue. The adaptor is a very dull silver but not a graphite like colour as in the GTA.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
respraying the trim is no big deal. for the person competent enough to do the installation of the headunit - whether yourself or professionally - a respray will be easy enough.

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts