Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Buy Parts By have sent me a set of Jurid brake pads instead of the Mintex ones I specifically asked for! :rolleyes:

I don't know whether to keep them or ask for them to be replaced.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Just as good as, probably better than, Mintex. Jurid is a well-respected German OE supplier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are good, had the same thing happen to me, they sent the Jurid ones instead of the Mintex brand. Fitted them and 6000 miles later no problems with them at all.
Pity they don't tell you they'll be substituting the pads before they send them to you.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers lads. I'll give them a go!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done 500 miles since fitting the Jurid pads and new discs. The seem fine, at least as good as OEM, if not better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jurid Brake Pads

I have purchased brake pads for my 156 Selespeed from BuyPartsBy as Mintex but was supplied Jurid however the Jurid pads were 6mm narrower than the pads fitted and i had to purchase the correct ones localy which were Ferodo. BuyParts have told me that I have to pay the cost of returning them, does anyone now if this correct I was not told that an alternative to Mintex ordered would be supplied. I am not impressed and will not use them again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have purchased brake pads for my 156 Selespeed from BuyPartsBy as Mintex but was supplied Jurid however the Jurid pads were 6mm narrower than the pads fitted and i had to purchase the correct ones localy which were Ferodo. BuyParts have told me that I have to pay the cost of returning them, does anyone now if this correct I was not told that an alternative to Mintex ordered would be supplied. I am not impressed and will not use them again.
Absolute rubbish don't let them push you around I had a similar problem with a flywheel they sent LUK instead of Valeo advertised, quote the distance selling regulations http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf and they will back down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have already pointed out to them that they are in breach of the DSR's, Their statement to me is "The part was not a substitute as we use the mintex part numbers but not always the mintex product" no mention that they were the wrong brake pads anyway, they seem to have conveniently forgotten about that, I have told them that the statement is absolute rubbish and told them if they do not comply I will report them to the authorities and if necessary take legal action.
I await their reply!!

G

·
Jurid are another branch of Honeywell................ Honeywell are in the market for everything... Maybe not a bad thing to have them.

Half of my flight deck is plastered in Honeywell Systems

·
Registered
26 Posts
After much argument and threats to report them to the Office of Fair Trading I eventually got my returns refund it took from 27th April until 24th May before my costs were refunded.
Whilst I have no argument with them substituting Jurid for Mintex they should notify the purchaser that they are doing so and they must be fit for purpose which in my case they were not, DSR's clearly state that substituted goods returns costs must be paid by the vendor.
Their service and prices are very good but beware that they will try to get out of working within DSR's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts