Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Has a sticker on the side... maybe see what they know about it ;) not seen this 75 before and the lack of history could mean its ready to fall apart so you would need to see it first...pics always look ok, its hard to value them as its all on condition and hard to say with limited info

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was easier to get to, I would definitely go and see it, but it's hard to justify a flight for something that looks sketchy....

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From looking at the pictures, the exhaust appears to be on the RHS-I thought that it was in the centre on all non-US 75s?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers, I'm pretty new to the 'older' Alfas.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What I'm looking to buy is an older Alfa, preferably a V6 saloon, that is drivable (I have to get it to Ireland), would prefer red, car doesn't need to be perfect, I would prefer to buy at a lowish price and spend money getting work done every so often.

75s are pretty much non-existent over here, so am concentrating mainly on 155s (which are rare enough).

A bit more choice in the UK for sure, but VRT (registration) tax is an issue-for example, on the car I linked to above, Irish Revenue value it at €2,000 and tax would be payable at 30%-so €640 just to put Irish plates on it. The annual motor tax (based on cc size) would be €1,293 (which is roughly equal to the asking price on the 75 above!).

Makes me think I'm really going to have to look at a smaller engine size....the tax on a 2.5V6 155 is around €300 less than the 3.0 75.

·
Registered
89 Posts
75 kicks 155 all over the shop!

Properly sorted 75 is really really hard to beat.

TS (I know this is contentious) in my opinion is the one. In this bleedin' country it's the _only_ one given our tax system.

I have a lovely spare TS that I keep flipping between keeping/racing/selling/whatever.
But my daily driver is also a TS. Can't see me changing for a _long_ time.

My 2 cent. I'm only down the road. so drop down.

Ed.
AlfaSmiths

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow Ed-that's some family. I think I remember seeing these cars on Alfaireland before.

If you were willing to part with your 'other' 75, I'd love a spin in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts