Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people have an Aurora Iridescent 166?
I know opinions are pretty varied as to this colour ,but I happen to like it - it reminds me of a Renault 5 GT Turbo I had 20 years ago ,same sort of pearl effect ,just a bit of a pain to colur match if you need paintwork doing.
I might even have specified it had I been in the lucky position to have been ordering it new!
Does anyone have any idea of the numbers by colour option that were imported into the UK?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
I know opinions are pretty varied as to this colour ,but I happen to like it - it reminds me of a Renault 5 GT Turbo I had 20 years ago ,same sort of pearl effect ,just a bit of a pain to colur match if you need paintwork doing.
I might even have specified it had I been in the lucky position to have been ordering it new!
Does anyone have any idea of the numbers by colour option that were imported into the UK?
Probably not too many mechman as IIRC the option for pearlescent paint was around £3000.sO YOU HAVE 1 BRAW MOTOR.

So when are you importing yours Tjeerd. :cheese: ....Pleasse note that you'll probably lose a lot of euro's in the deal:cry:

Pomeo

·
Registered
147 Posts
+1

Although its a bit dented and scratched. I'd love to get it touched up but I don't want to think how much it will cost.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cripes!!
Didnt realise that it cost that much to spec them with Aurora!Anyone got a price list to confirm this?A good example of options not being worth anything come re-sale time ,especially ones that were 10% of the cost of the car!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got one as well, and there is another one to be seen around Earlsdon in Coventry.

Some TW** reversed into mine and has split the paint on the front bumper so it will need to be fixed soon, but Climate Control is the priority!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
:)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Couldn't be far from truth,I also know that Nuvola Blue available on the 156 was a 3000 euro option.:wow:

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi again,,found these on ebay..anyone know if they stop the tap of the old c.v.? regards for your answers..Ian
ALFA ROMEO ,166,GTV, CV BOOT KIT ALL OUR CV BOOT KITS COME WITH 2 YEAR WARRANTY AND ARE OE SPEC, COME WITH 50CC GREASE, 2 STEEL CLAMPS & 1 BOOT KIT.... thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't forget mine! Although following prang its a bit duo tone azzuro nuvola ;) will get the rest of car painted to match... The paint looks ace and was the clincher to buy the car, have not looked back.
That is a problem with these iridescent paint cars.. a bugger to match... But not as bad as the 8C paint which i heard you need the car returned to the factory if you prang it...
I thought the option was around £2k for a 166.. depends on when you ordered i guess..
One question, i have seen a couple of 'silver' 166's on E&M for sale which look almost pearl or milky.... am I loosing it or imagining things... the seem to be year 2000 onwards cars..... anyone know what i'm on about?
Ciao - JK

J

·
0 Posts
Don't forget mine! Although following prang its a bit duo tone azzuro nuvola ;) will get the rest of car painted to match... The paint looks ace and was the clincher to buy the car, have not looked back.
That is a problem with these iridescent paint cars.. a bugger to match... But not as bad as the 8C paint which i heard you need the car returned to the factory if you prang it...
I thought the option was around £2k for a 166.. depends on when you ordered i guess..
One question, i have seen a couple of 'silver' 166's on E&M for sale which look almost pearl or milky.... am I loosing it or imagining things... the seem to be year 2000 onwards cars..... anyone know what i'm on about?
Ciao - JK
i think the colour you are referring to is Nuvola Blue, it does look silver in some light and is a bit 'milky' as well....

·
Registered
258 Posts
No deffo not nuvola blue, as that is mine and it ain't silver, photos on E&M even crappy low resolution ones are silver...
Perhaps their paint has gone off! only other explanation is that they are Aurora (the yellow? based) iridescent finish?
Nuvola has a blue/violet base coat with gold sheen in the iridenscent finish... just wonder what the combo is with Aurora...
Interestingly my car's paint description (on label in bootlid) says 'Aurora Nuvola'..... perhaps i should go to bed and not worry too much about this and lay off the malbec.... LOL!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just bougt one 2 days ago 3.0 Sportronic after i totaled my old Super 1 week ago after hitting a log on higway ;(...
Anyway it is mint condition an beutiful color....
She is one of 3 sold with this color in my country...not sure if the other 2 still run...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts