Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just come back from my X type test drive.Now the dealer is a joint Jag/Aston franchise.
After I parked my Rover 75 (round the back) :eek: I strolled past the Astons and drooled over a Vanquish.A salesman came up and asked if he could help.(Must be a sign of maturity that I now look like I could be a potential Aston owner.) ;)
If I had the cheek I could have spun a line,about being in the market of having 150k to spend on a car,but instead came clean and said I was there to test drive a humble X type.
Full credit to the guy for stopping to chat and tell me about the cars,but I wonder how far I should have pushed for a test drive?
Anyone,like me without the means but had the brass balls /sheer audacity to go for it,anyway?
:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
46,343 Posts
My dad once cadged test-drives in a couple of Lotus' (late 80's), but with the Esprit they only let him drive it around the car-park :D :D

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Alfa 33 16v back in '91.

The salesman just gave me the keys and said "bring it back when you're done". Temptation was to take my favourite totty to Scotland that day ... :D

Ralf S.

D

·
0 Posts
erm 147 gta at the ripe old age of 24 lol ok not a super car but seeing over 120 on the clock on a test drive was fun :D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hardly a supercar but a 2.0 Audi A3 as a student after just getting out of a battered old Suzuki farmers jeep! :cheese: :cheese:

I'm pretty sure he was just humouring me, but hey, not bad for a pennyless stoodent! :)

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jamie and the magic torch said:
GT40 (part origenal - mostly kit car)
308 GTO (yes a GTO)
600SL
DB7
Git.

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Spiderman said:
Just come back from my X type test drive.Now the dealer is a joint Jag/Aston franchise.
After I parked my Rover 75 (round the back) :eek: I strolled past the Astons and drooled over a Vanquish.A salesman came up and asked if he could help.(Must be a sign of maturity that I now look like I could be a potential Aston owner.) ;)
If I had the cheek I could have spun a line,about being in the market of having 150k to spend on a car,but instead came clean and said I was there to test drive a humble X type.
Full credit to the guy for stopping to chat and tell me about the cars,but I wonder how far I should have pushed for a test drive?
Anyone,like me without the means but had the brass balls /sheer audacity to go for it,anyway?
:rolleyes:
Its this type of question that I like, how u been Spiderman! or is your user name soon to be X-men?
:cheese: Anyhow, how u doing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts