Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:This revamped site has got really annoying! Why can't people just leave a good thing alone for once?:mad:

Redirecting everytime you try open a thread, post a reply....then having to fill out forms to view things for sale, then constantly having to tick an annoying "I agree to the terms etc, etc.....BORING" box

We have had to tick all these user agreements etc, just to become members here.

Also it is half the speed of the old site, constantly having to refresh to open anything.

And the general colour scheme is not half as nice as the old black format. It is like wearing grey socks and sandals.

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
What Roswell said :D

This isn't just a re hash of the old site this is a brand new forum with a lot of extra goodies for everyone ;)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'm Lovin it:p
Lots more functionality, and im sure a lot of the hard work in the background will become apparent as time goes by.
granted this skin is not my favourite but i can have the old one back in a couple of days.

Humans Hey, creatures of habit :)

·
Administrator
86,631 Posts
Some things change :) other things never change :rolleyes:

Posts still need moving :lol: :p

PS I do like the all new & shiny AO & this skin is starting to grow on me :thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've only just logged on today for the first time lately, obviously things are different, so I think we need to be be patient before passing judgement. Overall I think its O.K. so far. Time will tell, methinks !!!!.......:thumbs::)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What Roswell said :D

This isn't just a re hash of the old site this is a brand new forum with a lot of extra goodies for everyone ;)
I cannot see any difference:confused: apart from the horrid bland colour and it is slower and it redirects you every time I press enter! Now if that is a few of the goodies, then so be it. Oh and that I have been asked to empty my private messages inbox, cause it is full with FIVE whole messages! Wow, we are really talking technology here!!

Of course we will all get used to it...like everything in life, but methinks a lot of effort for nothing really. I agree with the word "hash" though.:D

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
I cannot see any difference:confused: apart from the horrid bland colour
...which is a skin issue. If you read the posts by the site director in the announcements section, you will see that the skin is being worked on.
and it is slower
...not here. If anything it loads pages faster than the old software version.
and it redirects you every time I press enter!
Really? I've just previewed this post before posting and it went straight to the preview page. When you search, or post a new thread or reply, rather than wait with a blank page, you get a confirmation of what is going on - seems sensible to me.
...Oh and that I have been asked to empty my private messages inbox, cause it is full with FIVE whole messages!
No change there. If you want more PM storage space, you need to become a club member. That has been the case for well over a year now.

J

·
0 Posts
i like it and can see the reason why the change has taken place....

the old forum has/had reached the end of it development, what we have here is an ability to move forward and have new features as they come along, something that may not have been possible with the old forum

I used AO Grey before so i see no difference in the colours, and using the quick reply means i dont get the redirection conformation

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
looks ok so far. text is a bit smaller and i want the old modern skin back as this one is too bright for me. also the quick reply box has vanished from the bottom of threads on mine :confused:

edit: the quick reply box has now appeared :confused:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the old dark grey skin back at least (quick links-edit options-choose skin-save)....feel more at home now:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.