Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if it was possible? Or is a lot of work involed i do a 60 mile round trip a day with 80% of that on duel carrige way so always feel its something useful mine is missing?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I've done it on other Alfa's but it appears impossible on the MiTo as the firmware in the body computer and ECU is not compatible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the reply all the first linl seams a bit steep for me :/ but i will put the second link into translator when i have 10 and see what it says, not very good at italian apart from the words plastered on the mito dash :/

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
They are downloading a new file from Giovanni Accini then doing a proxy alignment to get it to work. So it's not readily 'activated' from a menu after wiring in.

I had seen the wiring diagram before though and tested it, but hee haw happened, the body computer just wasn't doing anything about the inputs.

A DET told me he asked at a factory training week and was told it was 'impossible' with Examiner, but then that's oftern Italian (or Southern European in General) for 'I can't be arsed showing you'

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mm i should imagine there is a way as with most cases with factory build its cheaper to have the option than not. Ecu activation, loom plugs etc.
Well let me no if you find anymore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts