Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fancy something less practical for summer (Alfa Spider :thumbup:) to help me through my mid-life crisis so I'm looking to sell my 159 SW.

The details are:

159 3.2 JTS Q4 Sportwagon
2006 103k Blu Oltremare (Very Dark Blue)
Light beige leather interior
Cam chains, clutch, water pump & full service at 94k
All fluids changed inc transfer box, and rear diff last week
Track control arms at 95k
New brake discs, pads and handbrake cables at 98k
19" TI Style alloys (aftermarket good copies) with Accelera tyres all round at 97k
New O/S/R window regulator fitted 6 months ago

Immensely capable car in all conditions. It's the most planted car I have ever driven and always feels safe.
The car drives 100% with no creaks or groans or unusual clunks. The V6 engine is smooth and pulls like a train at all times.
No error codes recorded for past 10k miles and no reason to suspect that any will appear any time soon.
Any inspection welcome.

Bad points:
Drivers door has had a repair in the past but only noticeable if you really try hard (photo)
Alternator bearing developed a rattle 10k ago but still works perfectly.
Slight wear to drivers seat back bolster as would be expected at this mileage (photo).

Pictures to follow

Does £3500 or sensible offers seem a realistic price??

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sounds like a quite sorted 3.2 Q4SW. Once the summer fling is over what you going to do?
My SWQ4 is the dependable go nearly anywhere in any weather vehicle... hard to replace.
I found a rolliing resto Series 3 105 QV Spider to do summer (if not on the bikes)
If you can, get a summer "toy" and sorn the SW.
"mid-life crises" come and go:jester:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite agree on capabilities of Q4SW but SWSBO won't let me have both (already have two other cars). I do fewer and fewer miles and I think I must have turned into a tart because I've fallen for the Spider's looks and go blind to the lower performance and scuttle shake each time I see one

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that was an interesting day - saw a few spiders and they all were pretty shoddy, so plans are on hold for now. Luckily the sun has gone in for now so that was probably summer anyway.

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
It's a bonny looking interior.
Cream leather with metallic blue works so well.
And it has the best alloys as well.
Too cheap?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for +ve comments - not going very far as I bought a 2.4 JTDm Spider today - pick it up Tuesday so if you could kindly arrange the sunshine that would be good :biglaugh:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
:thumbup: Well done no grip - welcome to the Spider club!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can't wait for Andy to deliver this to me on Wednesday...
Looking forwards to a final 160 mile blast down to South Wales to deliver it - Motorway or A-Roads - decisions, decisions :thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gutted!!!

I bet you snapped his hand off, I would have done if I had checked the forum enough!

If anybody sees or knows of any 159 SW's up for sale in a similar price range. I have the money ready to go but I have just started looking.

Ta
Jonny.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts