Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi if you are what are your thoughts?

Initially I'm impressed, my fuel economy has gone through the roof, I'm tickling 40mpg where before I was lucky to get 33mpg over a full tank.

Haven't done any real performance testing because got new brakes on so need to drive a few miles to bed them in nicely.

Apparently this stuff is 99 Octane, Oh and there's a Brera on the Advert.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework.../press_releases/2006/v_power_launch_2308.html

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Not yet,

Was interested in trying - but it's even more expensive than Optislurp was 7p/litre versus 6p/litre for optislurp....

I may give it a go for a couple of tanks and see what it does for the 3.2 - although the engine is very much still bedding in...

SImes.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You bought a 3.2 and your worried about the price of fuel???

I'd only buy a 3.2 if I had an oil well in me back garden to supply it with food.

;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'm not worried - I have something better than a oil well - a company funded fule card - so I don't pay for it - however fleet services set a range that we are supposed to use +- from a base price and they don't like if we fill up at +7p all the time, I'll give it a go - and await the e-mail ;-)

Simes.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Simes said:
I'm not worried - I have something better than a oil well - a company funded fule card - so I don't pay for it - however fleet services set a range that we are supposed to use +- from a base price and they don't like if we fill up at +7p all the time, I'll give it a go - and await the e-mail ;-)

Simes.
Tell them to **** off, it's a sacrifice you're making so you can deliver better fuel economy:D

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simes said:
I'm not worried - I have something better than a oil well - a company funded fule card
You lucky, lucky, lucky sod.

:)

·
Administrator
23,084 Posts
I'm using it in the GTV and it seems about the same as Optimax.

TBH I always get about 30mpg whatever (almost) I use - 95 ROM is fine but the engine is not as smooth.

As a rule I use Tesco 100 Octane (15% bio I believe) and this gives the same smoothness and about 34mpg - they were refitting the local filling station this week hence my switch to V-Power for a few days.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I thought V-Power was just Optimax rebranded to be in line with the rest of Europe (they've been calling Optimax "V-Power" over there for over a year already).

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
How come it's been around in Europe for such a while and we've only just got it, then?

Can't use it anyway as my local Shell garage is closed for refurbishment. Meaning it was demolished and they're building another one.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cj104 said:
hey ghosty dog, what engine size is urs?
1.6 (120bhp) mate

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I'll be using V-Power and a couple of cans of Würth Octane Boost at Croft. :D

G

·
Roswell said:
I'll be using V-Power and a couple of cans of Würth Octane Boost at Croft. :D
When I used opitmax found it took a couple of tanks to get the best out of it
Same with V power I expect

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I'll fill up tonight. ;)

You'll probably use two tanks full on Sunday. :lol:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
happy man said:
Tried Opitmax lost economy gained performance
Not tried V power is it 100 Ron ?
Yeah, but whenever I used Optimax I couldn't help flooring it more often to see if I went any quicker, so economy went down quite a lot.......... :D :D

I'll give V-Power a go when my local Shell re-opens.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts