Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

After the GT I was after has been sold :(, I am now looking for others but as I'm scanning autotrader every 5 minutes there doesn't seem to be much change.

I've been told about an ideal gt from one of the members here which would be great, but not sure how long it is going to be until he's ready to release it.. although it is gorgeous and may wait for it if not too long!

However, does anybody have a GT for sale, I'll consider anything below £9,000 but thinking more towards the £8k mark. Definately a 1.9JTD I'm after.

Let me know guys.

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if not selling one if you know of any at a good price or anybody who is selling would also be great :)

Cheers again guys

Can't wait to own an alfa!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Lee

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's the wrong way to search for a car, it's smacks of desperation and you'll get turned over.

Be patient, use Autotrader, Pistonheads and eBay, don't buy the first one you see, look at lots of them even if it means using fuel and wasting time to travel, some will be good, some will be bad, but remember it has to feel and be right. Money is king and while you have cash in your hand you hold the cards. Take it easy, don't rush and you'll get a decent motor, also remember it's an Alfa you're buying so it needs to have been loved!

It took me four months of constant trawling the net and viewing GTs before I got the one that I was happy to hand my money over for......................

·
Registered
405 Posts
Lee

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's the wrong way to search for a car, it's smacks of desperation and you'll get turned over.

Be patient, use Autotrader, Pistonheads and eBay, don't buy the first one you see, look at lots of them even if it means using fuel and wasting time to travel, some will be good, some will be bad, but remember it has to feel and be right. Money is king and while you have cash in your hand you hold the cards. Take it easy, don't rush and you'll get a decent motor, also remember it's an Alfa you're buying so it needs to have been loved!

It took me four months of constant trawling the net and viewing GTs before I got the one that I was happy to hand my money over for......................
good advice!!!! i got lucky as the the 2nd 147 i looked at had full AR service history, 1 owner, alfa red and not even 1 scratch on the bodywork!!!! if you take your time and get "the one you want" it will feel even more special. the only downside i have with mine is its costing me a bomb in fuel as everytime i drive it i open it up to hear the sound it makes :D i think my alfa experience is exaggerated even more after driving a boooooooooring toyota corolla for a year before. the corolla may have been better built,better to drive and cheaper to run but it was just a means of getting from a to b and never put a smile on my mug like the alfa. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I saw the GT I wanted without even knowing it was for sale or how much it was!
I actually had no intention of changing cars but put a deposit down straight away. In fact I'd never been to an alfa garage before or knew anything about them.

It was love at first sight :lol:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A local dealer to me has one for sale http://www.mastercarsales.com/ I have lifted the details from their website

Vehicle Description:

2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Diesel, 68,764 miles, Metallic Graphite Biege Leather, 3 Owners. Full Service History, Climate Control, Leather seats, Cruise control, Alloy wheels, CD, Central locking, ABS, Front armrest, Anti theft system, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Power assisted steering, Passenger airbag, Rear armrest, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Tinted glass, Alarm, Drivers airbag, Front electric windows, Electric mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, PAS, Remote central locking, Trip computer, Space saver spare wheel. Insurance Group:15, £8,475

·
Registered
59 Posts
These guys are doing a healthy turnover of GT's, currently showing 7 in stock (4 x JTD's) so it could be worth keeping your eye on them.

Used Car Sales from Parkway Motor Group

I bought mine from there and it was supplied with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, 3 month warranty, serviced and valet (MY05, 17,800 miles, FARSH, 17" alloys, Silver / Red leather, parking sensors etc for £9,900) I couldn't be happier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts