Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Right rear fog light has stopped working and getting intermittent errors popping op about checking reversing lights. No doubt a loom issue reading the forum - just wondering if anybody can recommend someone in the North West who has potentially done this type of work before?

Many thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a loom problem similar to yours. I went to Auto Electronic Services in Garston, Liverpool. They did the job for £96 inc VAT. Mangos quoted me around £500.

The number is 0151 427 5450.

It was done in August and I've not had a problem since with the electronics so can recommend them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a loom problem similar to yours. I went to Auto Electronic Services in Garston, Liverpool. They did the job for £96 inc VAT. Mangos quoted me around £500.

The number is 0151 427 5450.

It was done in August and I've not had a problem since with the electronics so can recommend them.
Great thanks - any idea what was done? was both sides done or just the faulty side? Presumably it was done in the day?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great thanks - any idea what was done? was both sides done or just the faulty side? Presumably it was done in the day?
It was just the left hand side lights that were in the tailgate (i.e. running/reversing) and the boot release on the tailgate. They repaired the broken wires rather than replacing the entire loom which is what Mangoletsi were proposing.

I put the car in at 9am and it was fixed by 2pm which is good :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was just the left hand side lights that were in the tailgate (i.e. running/reversing) and the boot release on the tailgate. They repaired the broken wires rather than replacing the entire loom which is what Mangoletsi were proposing.

I put the car in at 9am and it was fixed by 2pm which is good :)
Great - thanks for the info.

G

·
If the wires concerned are in the rubber boot (or whatever you want to call it), situated between the boot and the main body of the car, then these are fairly easily repaired. Ideally you would solder a new piece or pieces of wire where the current wire may have sheared. Let me know if you want to have a go and I'll give you a hand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, managed to find somewhere locally in Chorley..didn't have reversing light or fog light on right hand side...£50 and great friendly service at G & S Auto Electrical Services, Chorley (North West UK)

G

·
Thanks for the replies, managed to find somewhere locally in Chorley..didn't have reversing light or fog light on right hand side...£50 and great friendly service at G & S Auto Electrical Services, Chorley (North West UK)
Thanks for the recommendation as that's only a few miles away from me. Useful to know for future reference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts