Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Am considering a QF.

Has anybody ordered one yet, if so were you able to secure any discount and do you have an idea of when it will be delivered ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
301 Posts
I thnk the chance of a discount is less than 0. Cars ordered a few weeks ago being delivered in March apparently. Bet on them being April at the earliest

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
14% total discount for me but I have special FCA privilledge.
Do tell if you can ?

I vaguely remember there was some way to get an FCA discount by joining some kind of cycling association or similar but might have recalled that incorrectly.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello

Am considering a QF.

Has anybody ordered one yet, if so were you able to secure any discount and do you have an idea of when it will be delivered ?

Thanks in advance
I've been told that the UK production slot for the QV is full and that dealers will only be able to start ordering again in January. I'd be interested if anyone else has heard this? I wouldn't be surprised if 2017 orders are charged at a premium to the £59k price currently quoted, so anyone who gets a discount will have done extremely well.

As for delivery of those cars already ordered, it has to be March to avoid significant additional road tax, so dealers/AR will need to get their thinking caps on if it looks like there's slippage into April!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
These cars are ALL allocated to dealers so they have 5 to sell in Jan 3 in Feb and then 15 in March and so it carries on................... reason why you wont get a discount is that these dealers can sell far more than there allocation and so would be giving away there margin when they didnt have to, When interest falls a little see the consumer offers and 0% offers come out deposit contributions ect but no discounts really for some time

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I thnk the chance of a discount is less than 0. Cars ordered a few weeks ago being delivered in March apparently. Bet on them being April at the earliest
I would unlike your comment if I could , being one of those who did order in the summer....as for the thread question LOL, and that was before the exchange rate bombed. Still if they do arrive in April there will be a number of us who will be looking for a contribution from ALFA...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Risk of Delivery in April

... Still if they do arrive in April there will be a number of us who will be looking for a contribution from ALFA...
I paid my deposit about three weeks ago when delivery in late December was predicted.

A week later, it became obvious that March is the best I can hope for.

My view is that the price I agreed is the on the road price and thus if delivery is on or after 1st April I'd expect AR to pick up the extra cost of taxation in the first year.

However, there are additional costs of taxation in years 2 to 5 which I calculate as £270 in each of those years. More than £1,000 in total.

I'd look to AR compensating me for that too, but I'm not optimistic I'd win that argument.

The tax rules' small print might present an opportunity. i.e. the new taxation applies to cars first registered , as distinct from delivered , on or after 1st April .

Andy

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I tried to put down a deposit 3 weeks ago only to find my dealer closing, no other close by and no replacement available from AR. If they put the prices up while I'm waiting for them to separate arse from elbow and get a dealer appointed, they can bugger off. I had so much anticipation for this car but it's rapidly waning on the back of a near laughable sales situation.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I paid my deposit about three weeks ago when delivery in late December was predicted.

A week later, it became obvious that March is the best I can hope for.

My view is that the price I agreed is the on the road price and thus if delivery is on or after 1st April I'd expect AR to pick up the extra cost of taxation in the first year.

However, there are additional costs of taxation in years 2 to 5 which I calculate as £270 in each of those years. More than £1,000 in total.

I'd look to AR compensating me for that too, but I'm not optimistic I'd win that argument.

The tax rules' small print might present an opportunity. i.e. the new taxation applies to cars first registered , as distinct from delivered , on or after 1st April .

Andy
From what I've seen in the past, if the dealer has a VIN they can register it. My Giulietta was registered whilst at Avonmouth, and it's pretty possible it could be done on the boat.

·
Registered
33,701 Posts
As I've said elsewhere on AO our Kuga was registered to us when it was still at the port in Belgium last year by the dealer to get their sales figures. Then it went on the boat followed by a visit to the body shop to repair damage caused in transit. All the time it was taxed and insured as if it was on the roads!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
How many Quadrifolgios coming before April

These cars are ALL allocated to dealers so they have 5 to sell in Jan 3 in Feb and then 15 in March and so it carries on...
Are those 23 Giulias all Quadrifoglios or does the number include diesels, I wonder?

How many of us in UK have Quadrifoglios on order? Perhaps one of the 23 is mine.

Fingers crossed.

Andy

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for taking the time to reply.

Having thought things over I'm going to look at other options and won't be going the Alfa route at this stage.

For those of you who have QFs on order, I hope you get them sooner rather than later and enjoy, it's a very promising car indeed.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Hi,

Not sure where those figures quoted above have come from - we certainly aren't subject to any limitation. The situation at the moment is that the Giulia QF march build is full. We are currently taking orders for Q2 delivery.

All cars ordered now are price protected, this will change in January.

The launch weekend is 2 weeks today - 19th Nov. Every dealer is going to get a 180 Super in blue with Tan leather for demo, the dealers are also supposed to be getting a QF for display - NOT to be sold before March but these are slightly delayed so unlikely to be with us in 2 weeks.

I would be delighted to discuss options if anyone has any questions.

Cheers Peter

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi,

Not sure where those figures quoted above have come from - we certainly aren't subject to any limitation. The situation at the moment is that the Giulia QF march build is full. We are currently taking orders for Q2 delivery.

All cars ordered now are price protected, this will change in January.

The launch weekend is 2 weeks today - 19th Nov. Every dealer is going to get a 180 Super in blue with Tan leather for demo, the dealers are also supposed to be getting a QF for display - NOT to be sold before March but these are slightly delayed so unlikely to be with us in 2 weeks.

I would be delighted to discuss options if anyone has any questions.

Cheers Peter
What about the normal petrol\diesel Giulias? Are they down for a March delivery as well or are they likely to be sooner than that?

cheers,

·
Banned
91 Posts
What about the normal petrol\diesel Giulias? Are they down for a March delivery as well or are they likely to be sooner than that?

cheers,
Normal Giulias are available with standard delivery times, so about 12 weeks for factory order. The dealer network have put a lot of orders in so there should be a reasonable chance of picking up the car you want this year.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts